Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi all
just a thought

do we have a federal right to mine, i think we do
does the state have the right to regulate, i think they do
can they( the State ) mandate SB670 and not violate our rights.
If allowed to set a precedence will this not take away from other recreational activity's ( fishing, rafting, even boats that use small motors during salmon season on the coastal river, streams and such.)

do you think we should ban together and file a class action or file a suit on a individual basis?
or sit on are hands and hope for the best?

think of what the Environmentalist and liberals would do if they were restricted like this

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2cmorau said:
Hi all
just a thought

do we have a federal right to mine, i think we do
does the state have the right to regulate, i think they do
can they( the State ) mandate SB670 and not violate our rights.
If allowed to set a precedence will this not take away from other recreational activity's ( fishing, rafting, even boats that use small motors during salmon season on the coastal river, streams and such.)

do you think we should ban together and file a class action or file a suit on a individual basis?
or sit on are hands and hope for the best?

Before you do anything you need to know your rights by hart and understand them.

think of what the Environmentalist and liberals would do if they were restricted like this

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Salute. :icon_thumright:

I appluad what you said and if we had the type of money that the environutreehuginbasstirdsgreenielowdowndirtyfightingpriks do,
It would be no problem at all.

It was explained that the state is regulating mining and not allowing dredging, this is regulating as they allow other methods???? :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
I think it was said by someone at the PLP.
Oh, the PLP, has been useless and have they even won anything in the last ten years, dismissed, dismissed, dismissed.
How about the lastest injunction on the karuk case that ended not in a dismissed, which would have been nice, but a dredge ban. :icon_scratch:

I don't know anymore just too much BS going around to even comprehend where to start. :help:

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
can we claim lost wages ?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2cmorau said:
can we claim lost wages ?

I doubt it,we couldnt even get our permit fee's back.Quite a racket they got going on.

Then they report record salmon runs this year? :icon_scratch:Are they actually saying that 4 months of no dredging brought them back??

Somebody should go down the Stanislaus river below Goodwin dam and watch them dump gravel in the river....for the salmon,and document the silt that flows down the river...never seen any dredge do anything close!!What about the fish that are already in there?How much food,Helgramites etc,are they covering up doing that?Not to mention the 4 million dollars to do it!!

OP
OP
2cmorau

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Kuger

Every year after winter run off, CalTrans are cleaning HWY 49 with graders and end-loaders along the North Fork Yuba River. guess where they dump there HWY clean up, on the banks of the Yuba River.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2cmorau said:
Hey Kuger

Every year after winter run off, CalTrans are cleaning HWY 49 with graders and end-loaders along the North Fork Yuba River. guess where they dump there HWY clean up, on the banks of the Yuba River.

Yea,I know,look at all of the streams right now!!!!

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger
Do you know where the gravel came from? I would not be a bit surprised if they didn't take rock to put into the river that has micro organisms on it that is not suitable for those conditions. Kinda like hauling toxic hay from one state to the other. Screws up the whole Eco system, but then they know whats best for the fish. Yea Right...

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jog said:
kuger
Do you know where the gravel came from? I would not be a bit surprised if they didn't take rock to put into the river that has micro organisms on it that is not suitable for those conditions. Kinda like hauling toxic hay from one state to the other. Screws up the whole Eco system, but then they know whats best for the fish. Yea Right...

All I know is it is Ford Construction and they are getting it out of one of there many quarries,and I am sure there were no tests done on it as it is obvious they arent concerned about the short term effects.Thats the thing about the "cloud",going down stream,it isnt silt,it is rock dust!!!How is that going through the ole gills??

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should definitely get some pics of the project and the gravel, probably not round washed river gravel if it's coming from a quarry.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Gravel Hog said:
Salute. :icon_thumright:

I appluad what you said and if we had the type of money that the environutreehuginbasstirdsgreenielowdowndirtyfightingpriks do,
It would be no problem at all.

It was explained that the state is regulating mining and not allowing dredging, this is regulating as they allow other methods???? :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
I think it was said by someone at the PLP.
Oh, the PLP, has been useless and have they even won anything in the last ten years, dismissed, dismissed, dismissed.
How about the lastest injunction on the karuk case that ended not in a dismissed, which would have been nice, but a dredge ban. :icon_scratch:

I don't know anymore just too much BS going around to even comprehend where to start. :help:
PLP useless???? goto www.plp2.org and see what PLP is fighting and their track record.most prospectors want to complain and few offer any help!

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2cmorau said:
Hey Kuger

They used to clean HWY 1 in Big Sur by pushing it over the side and eventually into the ocean. When that portion of the Pacific was made a marine sanctuary it then had to be trucked to a designated location. Pretty silly as Big Sur gets some monster slides.

Getting mad at environmentalists for this issue is misdirected. The local indian tribes are to blame under the false pretense of saving the salmon. The very same salmon that they overfish every year. The real reason is they want total control of the river and its water. The Water Wars have begun and will reshape California for generations to come. Hopefully when they decide on this in the fall they will word their decision in a way this won't ever happen again.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True,but man has fought over water since the dawn of time,who had the water had the power.
Truthfully the dredge ban had nothing to do with the enviro,but was placed on that foundation as it is the strongest going,no politician wants to touch enviromental issues.The ban was started after a personal vendetta and political back patting.The whole enviro front is upon us and going to get worse it is crippling our economy and ability to do anything

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good point, kuger.
In the coming future, I would think we Americans will be faced with a choice between saving the enviroment or saving the failing economy.
One will have to be set aside in order for the other to be worked out. Not a hard choice, hope the suffering won't be prolonged or worsened because of the voters indecisions. :help:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BUT you should have been in the committee hearings and seen the ungodly assinine infintile mess that PLOP made of the whole affair and THAT incompetance has cost us everything over and over and over and over as nauseum >:(

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hoser John said:
BUT you should have been in the committee hearings and seen the ungodly assinine infintile mess that PLOP made of the whole affair and THAT incompetance has cost us everything over and over and over and over as nauseum >:(

More than just the meetings have been made into incessant mistakes, by one and the same.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If a person has a mining claim and the only way to get to the minerals is by dredge I would think that might be a good case in court considering you have a federal mining law that says you have the right to those minerals. Lets face it, there not going to let you change the course of the river like they used to do. A dredge is the most environmentally friendly piece of mining equipment to come along in a very long time. The state cannot make laws that override Federal laws. You have the right to those minerals weather they like it or not.
Personally I would go after the public officials themselves.

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That has already been tested, didn't work. :help: Might be in appeals??? Not sure but not very hopeful either. That case might have even hurt us more???

Not allowing dredging is regulating as there are other methods in which they do allow. Now if they had made laws for no mining at all then it would have worked in Federal Court.
Kind of like the fate of Hydraulicing.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you get the gold off the bottom of the river?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread