California Sluice Box questions

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
I imagine tghis has been discussed before, but I haven't been around for awhile.
I was loking at the CSB hopper for the A-52 sluice, & at their 10" highbanker.
I have a Keen A-52 with their conversion hopper, but have never been happy with the hopper setups design. I'm thinking of trying the California header on it & wanted folks opinions. Also, for the additional change should I also get their 10" sluice?
I'm in an area that's mostly little stuff on the weekends I manage to get out...

Nitro 54

Mar 12, 2005
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX - W/ DX-1 ,, GMT gold getter
I just ordered thir GMS highbanker and should be here next week. They are desighned to run on about 1/3 the water as the raised riffle type like your Keene. If your going to use their upper box, I sure would get the lower sluice to go with it. Dale has some U-tube video's on their site so you can see how they work. If you don't get the lower sluice, the spraybar might not put out enough water to keep your keene clean without build up.. You can send Dale a email with any questions and he usually gets back to you with in a day. Good luck

OP
OP
V

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Thanks Nitro. The GMS looks like a nice unit. Curious how it will work for you. Did they give you a minimum GPM to run it?

John, sent you a PM.

Nitro 54

Mar 12, 2005
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
Detector(s) used
The GMS needs 50 gallons per minute. A small 2.5 horse pump would be plenty, but I already had a 5.5 hp 2 inch 150 gallon per minutes pump.. I guess I will run at a fast idle.

OP
OP
V

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the info Nitro. My little Honda X15 should run it fine then.
For now I've decided to wait & make a couple more mods on the hopper on the A52 before I give up & go a different direction, but I am really looking forward to hearing how the GMS works for you. I may end up going that direction in the future.

Nitro 54

Mar 12, 2005
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
Detector(s) used
The way the weather is here and the river and creeks running bank to bank, I think it will be summer before I get to use the new GMS :( :( :violent1: :BangHead: :sad5:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Needing to wait till summer to even get near the water - it is the same way here in NorCal! We've 50' to 60' of snow in the sierras before this last storm. The rivers and streams have been above normal flow rates since December 2010 and the snow has not even begun to melt. Look out if it is an early/hot spring!

I will be interested in both of your results so good luck and I hope you get to the testing sooner rather than later............63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread