Oregon Dredge fee Bill SB 765

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave McCraken just posted that Oregon is proposing to charge $2500 to out of state dregers, per county in which they dredge. $50 to Oregonians.

Seems they just want it all to them selves as not only will they get very few, if any, takers but will lose any commerce generated by out of state miners. Someone needs to reread the Goose that laid the Golden Egg.

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Very Ironic seeing who posted all that, as he is the one who instigated it to begin with. >:(

California Dredge Permits, Oregon Dredge Permits, So What's Next On Dave's List Of Blunders?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
money money money cash strapped states are looking for ways to get it -- folks that live in states that got good hunting or fishing in their state or other outdoor stuff ( often are greedy and go I want it all for me) --so have the state "soak" out of staters for coming here to HUNT/FISH/WHATEVER that takes away my ---------fill in the blank that your state has to offer --since the "out of staters" do not vote in your local elections --they do not have the "political muscle" to stop it from occuring -- so they can either "pony up" or go elsewhere

prime exsample * if one wants to make a "turkey slam" for hunting --one needs a florida turkey sub group turkey -- out of staters pay a whole lot more to get a turkey stamp than in staters do here in florida.

OP
OP
calisdad

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
money money money cash strapped states are looking for ways to get it -- folks that live in states that got good hunting or fishing in their state or other outdoor stuff ( often are greedy and go I want it all for me) --so have the state "soak" out of staters for coming here to HUNT/FISH/WHATEVER that takes away my ---------fill in the blank that your state has to offer --since the "out of staters" do not vote in your local elections --they do not have the "political muscle" to stop it from occuring -- so they can either "pony up" or go elsewhere

prime exsample * if one wants to make a "turkey slam" for hunting --one needs a florida turkey sub group turkey -- out of staters pay a whole lot more to get a turkey stamp than in staters do here in florida.

What chaps my hide is South Dakota takes federal money for CRP land and won't even let out of staters hunt the first week of their season. Ain't right.

On this issue tho I think Oregon is shooting themselves in the foot.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:

Yes,States are broke but the reason behind this is totally different.I think we should check into the real reasons why the Klammath river is so polluted and why it is running as warm as it is killing the beloved Salmon....I already know the answer and so should everyone else.(Hint....it lies in Oregon!!)

As for any Non resident hunting liscence......all states,difference between resident cost and non resident are exhorborant.Heck for example:Montanas general for resident is around $64 vs over $1000 for non resident

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21
Gravel Hog said:
Very Ironic seeing who posted all that, as he is the one who instigated it to begin with. >:(

California Dredge Permits, Oregon Dredge Permits, So What's Next On Dave's List Of Blunders?

Blame the one of few people trying to do sometining about government shuting down small prospectors! You, sir, are an idiot! These things are happening in every state and it is not the small prospector behind this. It is the big mining interests using environmentalists, government (republican party), and stupid people like you to further the big mining interest. Grow up and get educated!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
arizonaames said:
Gravel Hog said:

Blame the one of few people trying to do sometining about government shuting down small prospectors! You, sir, are an idiot! These things are happening in every state and it is not the small prospector behind this. It is the big mining interests using environmentalists, government (republican party), and stupid people like you to further the big mining interest. Grow up and get educated!

You really need to check your facts sir,before you get on other people for it.I am not going to walk you through the whole thing but can assure you the Calif ban originated because of a vandetta between the Karuk Tribe and the New 49ers Club,the rest just jumped on,and it snowballed,had 0 to do with any mining industry.Oregon jacked it rates because they flat out said last year Calif. Dredgers werent welcome.Little background checking thats all pard :thumbsup:

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
kuger said:
.Oregon jacked it rates because they flat out said last year Calif. Dredgers werent welcome.Little background checking thats all pard :thumbsup:

Kuger, why weren't we welcome??? Couldn't have anything to do with this BS- http://www.goldgold.com/rogue_dredging.htm or this http://www.goldgold.com/newsletter072010.htm
Sending 3000+ desperate Californian suction dredgers upto Oregon with high expectations, just plain "Fantastic" and doing so very loudly.
All this after their invovlement with the court case with the Karuks shut all of California down to dredging.
Smells like a greedy attempt to keep his own pockets full with club dues and new memberships.

Would the real "idiot" please step forward. >:(

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gravel Hog said:
kuger said:
.Oregon jacked it rates because they flat out said last year Calif. Dredgers werent welcome.Little background checking thats all pard :thumbsup:

Kuger, why weren't we welcome??? Couldn't have anything to do with this BS- http://www.goldgold.com/rogue_dredging.htm or this http://www.goldgold.com/newsletter072010.htm
Sending 3000+ desperate Californian suction dredgers upto Oregon with high expectations, just plain "Fantastic" and doing so very loudly.
All this after their invovlement with the court case with the Karuks shut all of California down to dredging.
Smells like a greedy attempt to keep his own pockets full with club dues and new memberships.

Would the real "idiot" please step forward. >:(

Yes,absolutly!

As I said,some "checking",needs to be done into the lax pesticide practices in Oregon Ag. and the Hydoelectric plants in Oregon as well :thumbsup:

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your from California you should right the Oregon Senators and tell them you wont be spending any moneys in Oregon, I live here and am in the process of righting everyone of them about how much this will hurt our failing economy. Doesn't matter where your from, overwhelm them......

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
the cancer spreads from Calif, to Oregon,Washington and Idahoe will probly be next! then ALL the other states will follow! will your state be the next one infected???if we dont fight it, it will come!

arizonaames

Dec 13, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MXT, TDI, Whites Dual Field, Goldmaster VSAT, Fisher CZ 21

Idiots! what difference does it make where out of state dredgers come from? There were 90% mor applications from OR dredgers than from anywhere else! Are you jealous of another person making more money and having more intelligence thane you? I have never seen such dummies! You attack a person that is trying to help small miners because of jealousy! He was not responsible for a bill against dredging. He was promoting dredging and tourism in a remote place on the Klamath river. The Indians for the third time tried to stop white folks from using the river for recreational use but this time had the backing of big mining interests as well as the Sierra Club in order to launce a better legal attack. The big mining companies have been using environmental groups to get their way for some time now but for those that are wet behind the ears, they are in the dark and shoot their mouths off and spoil it for the rest of us. You, sirs, continue to spout ignorance and do just that. That is why you are our own worst enemies of small mining. It is not the man from Happy Camp.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
arizonaames said:

Idiots! what difference does it make where out of state dredgers come from? There were 90% mor applications from OR dredgers than from anywhere else! Are you jealous of another person making more money and having more intelligence thane you? I have never seen such dummies! You attack a person that is trying to help small miners because of jealousy! He was not responsible for a bill against dredging. He was promoting dredging and tourism in a remote place on the Klamath river. The Indians for the third time tried to stop white folks from using the river for recreational use but this time had the backing of big mining interests as well as the Sierra Club in order to launce a better legal attack. The big mining companies have been using environmental groups to get their way for some time now but for those that are wet behind the ears, they are in the dark and shoot their mouths off and spoil it for the rest of us. You, sirs, continue to spout ignorance and do just that. That is why you are our own worst enemies of small mining. It is not the man from Happy Camp.

I understand you are experiencing some "man Love",but get the facts dude,you are making a total fool of yourself.
I personally spoke to Jeff Goodwin,(one of the tribal elders)when this all went down,as well as the other major players,and will tell you again....NO MINING INDUSTRY HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT!Thats just absurd!Large scale mining in Calif. is DONE,and will not return,because of Conservation groups,do you think they would share the bed on this????Not!!!!
A remote spot on the Klammath???Really?How many miles of the river does Mccracken have claimed up?How many hundreds of people cram onto to these claims at any given time??
There was years of animosity between Dave and the tribe,but what broke the camels back was the tribe asking to not have any dredging on one part of one of the claims for a short time as it was sacred ground and they wanted to hold a ceremony.Dave was too full of himself and arrogant and told them to F off.Thats what started the ball rolling,they had had it.They never intended for anything to happen anywhere but there small area but with the politicians and conservation groups jumping on board it went State wide.
Tell me one Mining Company that would give squat right now about placer gold,thats not where the money is,and what would getting it shut down on the base that it did,do for them if they did care?
Stop with the names and get the truth

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am sooooo glad that there are other Native Cals that understand the true problems and our local politics.

At the same time very, very, frustrated as the same so called legal representation, not of my choosing, keeps on making the same mistakes which ultimately effect my livelyhood and my heritage.

Has completely nothing to do with jealousy AT ALL, I had everything I wanted till just recently.
When someone majorly effects what my family and I have been doing for the last three generations, yeah, I will stand up and fight. Better believe it!!!!

Just want to make it clear as to where the problem started so that the same mistakes aren't being made over and over by the same person (his shortcomings left aside).

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i am gone for a few days and this.
blame dave Mc all you want, we have been fighting this type of crap for decades.
we miners are just to few, and repubs, and democraps don't give a horse's hind end
we all need to find a couple of reps that will help us.
is keene eng. lobbying any one?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gravel Hog said:
I am sooooo glad that there are other Native Cals that understand the true problems and our local politics.

At the same time very, very, frustrated as the same so called legal representation, not of my choosing, keeps on making the same mistakes which ultimately effect my livelyhood and my heritage.

Has completely nothing to do with jealousy AT ALL, I had everything I wanted till just recently.
When someone majorly effects what my family and I have been doing for the last three generations, yeah, I will stand up and fight. Better believe it!!!!

Just want to make it clear as to where the problem started so that the same mistakes aren't being made over and over by the same person (his shortcomings left aside).

:thumbsup:Damn right,and we dont need someone from across the U.S. telling us how dumb we are!If we are so stupid why are we the ones that live on the richest ground in the U.S???

I am not pointing the finger at any one person,just stating the facts of what ONE person did that 1000's couldnt statewide.
I am hundreds of miles from the Klammath and no water that I work touches any salmon before going through several dams,yet I lost my right to feed my family as well

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread