Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Anyone around the Auburn area,
The rain from last night kicked the water flow rates Way UP like on the North Fork of the American River they went from 5000cfs two days ago to 15,000cfs early this morning. This means that the water should be really dirty and that there could be trees floating down and IF someone could take pictures or Videos of how ugly the water looks and how much damage is done each year by Natural weather conditions it might take some of the heat off of the dredging issue.

Pictures could be taken at the Debris catch are at the Clementine dam out back of Auburn AND at the either of the two North Fork bridge crossings out back of Colfax. The Colfax roads are asphalt so it should be an easy drive.

Any Takers????

63bkpkr

note: water flow data @ http://waterdata.usgs.gov/usa/nwis/uv?

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
FloodYuba97copy1.jpg

klamathfloodcopy.jpg

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GH
great pictures
was that the 97 flood?

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pictures like these can be presented at the DFG hearings on Dredging!

WOW Gravelhog those are awesome! That reminds me of the railroad bridge out back of Auburn just down river from the confluence of the Middle and North Forks of the American. The one with the road going by it on the right I've no idea of where that is but it is another great picture.

Thank you for sharing! Will you be taking these to the hearing or sharing them with someone who will be going to the hearing??

63bkpkr

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
63bkpkr- you asked, you got it. If you want blood, you've got it! (AC/DC) :headbang:
These pictures, I believe, were taken in 1997-98. The top pic is 49 bridge on the Mid-Yuba and lower pic is the Klamath somewhere.

Should be made into giant posters/picket type signs for those darn DFG meetings and get the press, make some big noise.

To clarify these are not my pictures but the fella that they belong to shouldn't mind. Just something I picked up along the way.
They were originally posted on another forum a year or more ago by a friend OGM (Old Gold Miner) not sure whatever happen to him. :dontknow:

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Well around here and Auburn area, should be able to get all kinds of new pics.
If you can get there, rivers already FULL!!! :help:
10 day weather forcast calls for 10 days of showers at avg 70% Starting tonight!

Anybody want to help me finish this ark in the backyard? :tongue3:

Hefty

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fellas Thank you for the input!

I attended a United Prospectors Inc. meeting this evening. I asked about the pictures. They said thank you however the people who are trying to take away our rights do not care about what Ma Nature does. Awesome pictures though.

PLEASE see my post under the thread Action Alert Only have till march 18th. Please go read it right now!

Thank you, Herb/63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread