tried out new modifications

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
went to n.ga. yesterday , to check out a new frame we built for my buddies dredge. converted a 5" triple crash box -to a 3 stage flair .Had to make a new frame . made it higher than a factory setup so the back of the box would be out of the water. worked like a champ. Ran my 3" about 2 tanks ,didn't get much run time but did hit decent color. No show stoppers but not bad either. Wish I could have had 2 more runs ! Would have had a good day then ! I changed my box from ribbed carpet / with expanded metal , to ribbed carpet and miners moss . I think I like it a lot better .fine retention was good .I should have done this years ago , but If something works you don't want to change .Now it works BETTER ! So all this changing and modifying helped both of us out . Should be a good year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't stay for sun. had to get back for band practice , If I had one more day [full day in ] could have done good.But for only 2 runs -still wasn't bad.Haven't cleaned up yet but did do a couple of pans . So far -so good .................

Attachments

• 0321111151-00.jpg
    0321111151-00.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 271

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
glad everything works better now! i had miners moss for several years and found that it works if you dont turn off the dredge unless i did a quick cleanup. the miners moss packs up when the pump is off. im in the proccess of changing over to a outdoor carpet that helps retain the fine gold and keeps it clear from packing. i wont know how it does untill i get some run time on it but John "Hoser" Oates says its the way to go,so im going for it.

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had carpet and expanded metal, carpet kept flipping up causing and eddy in the box . it was ok ran like that for a long time [it didn't always flip ,but every now and then it would] .now with the ribbed mat , with a small piece of expanded metal , then miners moss over ribbed . seemed to work well ,didn't pack up .And i did shut down a time or two just to see if I was in color ,and how it was doing. So I might leave it for a few trips . So far so good .

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was long arming ,had a mask and snorkel. only got 2 runs in . hopefully I will go again soon.

OP
OP
strickman

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did see one t-80 on craigslist he wanted 400 .too much .plus I can't put it on my motor [aftermarket] .I do want another pump and motor [briggs and keene],so I can get a t-80.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread