Sluice size?

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You'd be good with a 10' sluice. Can I ask why you want 6" hose on an 8" dredge??
I like the new 8" mini's they have an 8' sluice but it is a 3 stage over/under and imagine pretty stinkin' heavy but not compared to our old dredge.

The size of the gold you are trying to recover (fines/flakes/nuggets) dictates the sluice dimensions and design. I really like wide short boxes with no frills for my recovery needs.
On all the older Keenes dad always used to cut the sluice down some, I understand now but back then always asked why and scratched me head.

OP
OP
O

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
Gravel Hog said:
Can I ask why you want 6" hose on an 8" dredge??

Because I can't find any affordable 8" hose :dontknow: lol. The old hose is only 20' and aint too flexible.

I can get 6" kanaflex for about $7.45 per foot, but I can't find anywhere that sells 8" for under $20 per foot.

I'm pretty much reconstructing the entire dredge, the frame is pretty tweeked so I will be scrapping most of it and reusing what I can along with new aluminum to build a new frame.

Maybe get 2 20' sections of 6" hose and make a single/dual 6" dredge (the two 20' hose sections connected to a single flare, or both hoses connected to each other to have 40' of hose available when needed.)

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am confused, now, oragonads. Buy 8" parts to make a 6" dredge. :icon_scratch:

Best of luck and hope it ain't the classic case of spending way more than cost of going out and buying a good used complete unit, a 6" at that. Sounds like alot of $$$ to me.

At any rate good luck and hope you find a pile of nuggets.
and with gold spot at the 1500 level might be able to get yourself a brand new super dredge for next season. :tongue3:

OP
OP
O

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
Oh, I'm just rambling on about any ol anything. I've got the gold fever. I just want to find color ;D.

I just need to find some decent priced 8" hose. Or man handle the stiff 20' section I've got now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread