Klondikeike

Aug 13, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
H3 element detector, JeoHunter Dual 3-D Imaging Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures... DD...

Very nice gold nugget collection..really good stuff...

I really like seeing, in the first picture... the Stamp mill stamping feet and hammers on the complete shaft.

Along with the cam plates, two thirds up the rod or strike plate... that the cam would strike and make the rod or shaft lift up the....just like a cam lifts the valves of a modern engine...the cams in those days were similarly shaped to the modern ones as well...and once the cam would be free of the cam plate, the shaft, being very heavy... would free fall down hitting the rocks to crush with the large "foot" or hammer at the end of the rod.....over and over with the speed of the cam revolutions....

Hope you can save them... or put them in a museum or something....a real piece of history.. and they're just laying in the weeds....

Klondike....

prospectordamon

Mar 31, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's MXT/6X10 DD Coil/950 Coil
very nice nuggets! cant wait till I find my first of that size (if ever) :hello2:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DD- pretty dumb move posting pics and place for CDFG to ticket ya on the world wide net--dredging dead and gone as AB 120 signed into law and weze outta there. Utilize discretion or fine is a real bummer-John

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hoser John said:
DD- pretty dumb move posting pics and place for CDFG to ticket ya on the world wide net--dredging dead and gone as AB 120 signed into law and weze outta there. Utilize discretion or fine is a real bummer-John

x2!!!!Wow1Pard you obviously dont know,the law which has been in effect for nearly two years now!!!I am in the same neck of the woods as you,and assure you the Law,is looking for folks like you here.Three dredges I know of have been confiscated!!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate to be a pessimist,but I have dredged this area my whole life and have never seen gold like that come from any creek?Something doesnt seem right about this post???? :icon_scratch:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right!Very nice.
Just so ya know....I only work private prop as well,and have been "walked up upon",twice by Wardens,whom need no warrant to enter your prop.2 of the three confiscated dredges were on P.P as well......just letting ya know :thumbsup:

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Very nice gold, and location. I think you should just change the name of the post to just 'gold dredging' and take out all hints as to the location. Slim chance someone from here will recognize the spot but stranger things have happened.

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might also want to change your profile. How many stamp mills could have operated in such a small town as yours? If yours is the Petticoat mill it's even listed on the California website. Plus, your neighborhood has more than its share of tweakers.

Good luck tho- and it really is nice shine.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
calisdad said:
You might also want to change your profile. How many stamp mills could have operated in such a small town as yours? If yours is the Petticoat mill it's even listed on the California website. Plus, your neighborhood has more than its share of tweakers.

Good luck tho- and it really is nice shine.

absolutely correct!!!People dont realize law enforcement is much more familiar with these backwoods places they we think because of the illegal M.J. grows.The helicopters you see over head arent taking tours

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
downdeep said:
I see spotter planes often. and a few helicopters in the canyon looking for grows. My stampmill is not listed anywhere . Yall are right , Ill change my title. There is a very rich mine 50ft away, when I had it assayed it was at 1.25 oz to the ton. Alot of this chunky stuff is I believe from when the river cut through the vein whenever that was.

Yes bud,those spotters are F&G and they are looking for grows but are also now looking for dredges...just be careful.Loose lips....

That is some very nice gold.I have had spots with gold like that but they were on rivers.I call what you are working a creek.Thats the type of water way I do all my work on now....biggest I have pulled on a creek was 3.5 oz.I hope to hit a spot like yours someday!! :thumbsup:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
30 VOLUNTEER IDJETS JUST GRADUATED LAST WEEK FROM CDFG PIG SCHOOL AND SHERIFFS PATROL--MORE FREEBIE WANNABE COPS TOO-- PATROL ALL OVER THE FRIGGN' PLACE-John

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time I checked the DFG doesn't have a whole lot of power as long as you know your rights and you stand your ground. Just need to let them know what to expect when they site you and interfear with a Federal mining claim.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
patented claims arent Federal anymore, now theyre private land that you own! good luck! looks really nice, and tobe at home is great! thanks for your service!!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try again Jog--CDFG cops have the most all consuming power of any police agency in kalif-even feds. They can go on blm,fs,b of rec and private property,write tickets for driving,invade your home warrantless and do some CENSORED ungodly things. Just watch the national geo CDFG cop show for true enlightenment--sic sic sic. PARTY DOWN DD!!! sweet oro puro-kudos for testiculiar fortitude to get it on---tons a au 2 u 2-John

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So your saying that if a person is dredging there private land the DFG has the right to just walk onto private property without any search warrent and can wright a ticket? Have you called the FBI and asked them if the DFG has more power than they do? If both are true then it SUCKS to be you...

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
downdeep i sure would like a copy of that pm me

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_pirat: Was told by many cop friends and a judge that they are the absolute worst, but it definately doesn't suck to be me because I have always done what the LL I want :headbang: John

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jog said:
So your saying that if a person is dredging there private land the DFG has the right to just walk onto private property without any search warrent and can wright a ticket? Have you called the FBI and asked them if the DFG has more power than they do? If both are true then it SUCKS to be you...

Yes,F&G,has more power than any other Law Enforcement there is.They do NOT need a search warrant to enter your home,private property,etc.They can and will cut locks.All they need for probable cause is a bone in your yard,hear a gun shot behind a locked gate,or even tire tracks going through a locked gate.If you have a gun in your vehicle,they can search your rig as well.So I assume if they hear a motor they can enter your land as well as that could be a Devilish dredge ya know!!!!

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I think it should be the same as all other aspects of law enforcement. Such as if you see a person with a glass pipe has to be assumed that they are smoking tobacco and not crack, or if they see a bunch of thugs in a car must be assumed they are peacefull until they break the law no profilling, if they hear a motor they should assume it is legal like an air compressor or gas powered RC car. We need to put a halt to this, all law enforcement should be required to use search warrants and assume thing are legal until proof or strong evidence is presented. Assumed innocent until pr oven guilty, not the other way around!!! Just my opinion and this really opens my eyes as I never imagined it could be this way here in America land of the free home of the brave enough to still dredge. Gravelwasher :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread