They have a 4" mini, I think I want a 5" mini

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: They have a 4" mini, I think I want a 5" mini

??? What a bummer way to hit the holidays :evil5: no contract or does the Navy just boot you when the feelings hit them nowadayz?? My whole step Dads family is navy lifers and NEVER heard of anything like this before?? Is this the new and improved navy in action???
Anyhow yes wimpy hp for a mini 6" and they do love to submarine as not near enough floatation for safe deep water usage. I much prefer the old school 18hp Briggs Intek strapped to the hi dome(discontinued??) p 350 and must admit I don't believe I've used the 500?? I believe CGDJohn used one in AK this past summer so I'll pm him and see inf' my ol' brain is working right this am. Dual inductor jet with dual 6.5 Intek rocks with their 2 pumps a working very good, The added jet log takes the combo to new heights. Anyhow ifn' the navy ejects I still wanna see your op someday and chuck a few million rocks-with absolute disccretion guaranteed--Merry Christmas and a longer navy career-John :laughing7:

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

How I do love my mini 6, mostly stock with the usual mods to get it running correctly (a typical Keene thing)
and don't get the new KAC compressor go with a tried and true T-80 or 263. BOL to ya.

DSCF2008.jpg

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Easy to pack and suction to spare with the twin 6.5's. Balancing the weight is the key, mods in angles were needed. The Proline 6" is just as good if not better made but not as portable.

OP
OP
G

Guest412

Jun 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yeah I like the proline 6" but its too big for my river, pushing it with the keene . I think I will go with keene box n frame and prolines hp 400 pumps. best of both worlds in my opinion. Thanks again for the pic of your rig. Merry christmas!!!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:blob7: dredges are like women--luv'm all--big and small and almost any color, kind and more ways than I can count :thumbsup: John

OP
OP
G

Guest412

Jun 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Amen John, I likem big haha, they move more rocks , haha. wait we talkin' dredges or women. Ill keep the same line for both applications!!!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The cold water is what will eventually catch up to ya.I speak from experience and you notice the miners of "49 were smart enough to stay out of the water....nothin beats bein down there with the yeller though!!

Hey for what its worth....I am right over the hill from ya and have dredges,gatherin dust :wink:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

downdeep said:
I hear that Kuger, When I was a kid id be in there bare skinnin' it all the time. Now its 7mm farmer john or it had better be 95+ degrees out. Ill hit you up when I get up that way early this summer. Still in limbo with this who Navy career thing. If that falls through Ill be up in the hills full time.

:thumbsup:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:headbang: OH MYNE GOTT- starwars is here :icon_sunny: looks like one FAST son of a gon and stealthy too??? Is that some sort of catamarin convaluted configuration??? :o Would love to float it up the American and use Sacramento dome as a target!!!!! :laughing7: oops :icon_pirat: took a pitate pill and lost my chill. I gotta say I'd fight like LL to stay in the navy to float on that kinda cool techno ship!!! ya lucky dog you :hello2: :laughing7: John

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound

Awesome looking ship there John. :thumbsup: I am sure there is much you cannot tell us about it. :icon_scratch:
But I really like the looks of your river. :notworthy: Too bad you can't put a 6" Dredge in there. ::)

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ask and ye shall receive pix on that particuliar process,extremely ez to do really-LUV THAT SHIP and definately gonna try google as don't do fbook and such. Just pm email addy and pix will follow-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No go to kene catalog online for dimensions-4' sounds REALLY short for a 5" dredge,even a ov/unr-What state is Heckler as shipping is now past the insanity stages??I have a extra 5" ov/under just a sittn here doing nuttn'-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

OP
OP
G

Guest412

Jun 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There in loomis right by sacramento. I was just going to pick it up. My 4" mini is only 16" by 40" . I figured going 4" wider and 8" longer should be fine for the 5" mini. Heckler builds some nice looking stuff. Should check out their website. Lot of build it yourself parts. Ill call keene this week. they are only an 1hr n a 1/2 from me ish. I still need to get the pump hose nozzle and venturi and 4" floats n frame.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A 5" dredge sucks up more than 2.5-4" dredges as the suction potentials are on a expotential curve that goes nearly straight up!!!! 1" does not make a 25% increase but MO" MO" MO" and DEPTH OF BOX also must be MUCH increaded also-slow down,relax and don't make costly mistakes and haul that thang to LL and back 'cause it blows all out!! Do the math= pi=3.14 X 4)r=2) squared VS 3.14 X 5"(r=2.5)= OMG-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

OP
OP
G

Guest412

Jun 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dang it Hoser you got me thinking again. Maybe a proline 5" single stage box would be the way to go??? its 20x60 inch. I'm just not sure if I need the extra foot on my sluice??? I don't have alot of fines where I'm at. I've even re-dredged my tailings using my mini 4" and only found a couple tiny flakes. Not enough to worry about in my opinion. What are your thoughts?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

downdeep said:
Dang it Hoser you got me thinking again. Maybe a proline 5" single stage box would be the way to go??? its 20x60 inch. I'm just not sure if I need the extra foot on my sluice??? I don't have alot of fines where I'm at. I've even re-dredged my tailings using my mini 4" and only found a couple tiny flakes. Not enough to worry about in my opinion. What are your thoughts?

Hey bud.How ya doin?Stayin safe?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

downdeep said:
I have the complete original 5 stamp mill , scattered about of coarse.
This is where I was born n raised. 100ft from where the pic was taken.
Yeah lots of work but my navy career may be soon ending involuntarily so free time will be a plenty and hard work is what it is.
You can come join me haha.

I have a small little jaw crusher.....that hand crushing is for the birds......I have done a bunch of it.My crusher isnt a production deal but is great on high grade :thumbsup:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Jon,I have an old Crash box 5" sluice and the old yeller pontoons.............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread