California Suction Dredging End Run

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For all of those righteous Californians... before you put your dredges into mothballs, buy permits that shouldn't exist, or put up with the nonsense that the bureaucrats create. I have a suggestion. Do a legal "Hail Mary". I believe that my concept of the statute may be legal as they have created it.

The entire issue at hand is simply what constitutes a stream, river or creek? It cannot be by name only, but must pass certain criteria.
1. It must flow the vast majority of the year. It cannot be a dry wash that flows only with the occasional occurrence of rain.
2. Legally designated as a stream, river or creek by history of flowing water.
3. I don't believe that even Sacramento can Californicate what a stream or river is or is not.

Perhaps a little thinking out of the box, lateral thinking, or whatever can be done to end run this insane attitude that the Sacramento bureaucrats have. So enough critique of your great state - here's an example of what I've found. Fire up Google Earth - go to Lat. 33°55'53.77"N, Long 116°38'9.97"W or type in White Water,CA (a couple of miles west of N. Palm Springs)in the "Fly to" search box. This wadi or arroyo is a dry river bed or wash. But, it does on occasion have substantial water flowing in it... only sometimes. Minecache.com indicates old mining is/has occurred here.

We may all have been looking at the very same places that the bureaucrats were looking at. They probably have forgotten about the arid eastern slope that has plenty of snowmelt, but not enough rain to keep the water in the dry washes to create "streams and rivers". I hope that the lights are starting to flicker, but I think most are beginning to see the light.

I've seen plenty of washes that flow only part of the year, then are as dry as a bone for the rest. I don't believe that California considers them streams. Who knows, maybe y'all can end run the SOB's in Sacramento.

Enjoy thinking about this, and I sincerely hope that you guys can drive Fish and Game and the pseudo enviromental experts nuts if I am correct.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CDFG website has the legal defination of a stream,creek and rivers. Your partly right just a bit overzealous. A simple rule a thumb is about 75% of these are on USGS maps--ifn' not named it just might be cool--ifn' not even shown even better--ifn' on federal lands even better as the state has NO color of law on federal lands as federal laws superscede state in all matters. Claims rock as you then pile on the 1862 mining laws on your side. I prefer private or patented property especially. Then you may dam well get ticketed and lose you dredge anyhow---ain't it a peach--do what ya can afford to lose and screw the rest :tongue3: that's what I've done---tons a au 2 u 2 -John

Guest412

Jun 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id like to see some overweight DFG turd get my gear where I have it. That would amuse me to no end almost worth the price of the ticket and gear.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep Russau nailed it BUT my camo rocks and they were hovering plenty of times looking for pot farms again and huge fire brought 100's a flyovers but ol'man been to this rodeo already.tons a au 2 u 2-John :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :angry5:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i think the camo is a very smart thing for dredgers that leave their dredges inplace while your gone. plus plenty of Cayan pepper for the bears. why signal your equipment if you dont need to!

Guest412

Jun 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Negative on that helo in my area they couldn't punch through the canopy of trees over layering the river to even see where I was at let alone retrieve anything. Thats the best part about narrow steep canyons and small rivers/creeks.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
when theres a will, theres a way! they can always drop in up/down stream. get your equipment and fly it out. they dont care what damage could be done to the equipment.it isnt theres! dont ever think they cant if they want it bad enough!and then again think about the dopers,and the wacoenviromentalists that hover around like vultures just looking for something to mess with! theyre everywhere!

Guest412

Jun 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is true. They do come in the canyon with there blackhawks every so often when they find a grow. They busted a 28,000 plant grow not far from me when I was up there last , and the ecudorian illegals tending it. Talk about a mess . And they think dredgers harm the environment! ha, nothing but trash and toxic waste left everywhere.

Guest412

Jun 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The grow hands down. They cant see me or my runoff anyways and if they did I doubt they would know what they are looking at. They always go for the big fish until they get bored.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Neat! Californicate. Nice word (and implied "screwup" in CA). I will remember it. Tnx TTC

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
they will go after the dredges every time! we dont shoot back or boobie trap the paths in the forest! the dopers do and they have machine guns and big money to back them up and the local cops/army is to scared of them to mess with them!

OP
OP
ncclaymaker

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Since a lot of replies concern the dope patrol... trust me on this. If you are worried about the eyes in the sky, camo up between 11am to 3pm. This is the time of day when they probably will fly the most. The reason is simple, the cannabis leave turn a bright luminescent green when viewed from above. This is due to the index of refraction of the sunlight reflected off of the cannabis leaves. In the NC county I live in, cannabis is a secondary cash crop. Lord knows, I've seen tons of it from the seat of my ultralight at 3,000 feet.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm sorry for what you guys that are left in California, are going through with this dredging crap. I had a little hope in that last Gubintorial election that the majority of Californians with common sense would have put a conservative in office. But after putting Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown back in office to not only keep the State financially busted, but to make sure that it never recovers. I realized, until California residents that are tired of the liberal utopia that is in place, do something to change it; there's no hope. My Wife and I grew up in California, but we escaped to Colorado eight years ago(We love Colorado, by the way! :headbang:) because we didn't see things getting any better in California, ......ever. :-[

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said when they put the "moritorium" on dredging: "We'll probobly never see legal dredging
in CA again". And, the five year extension placed on it, (which by the way, was supposed to give
the CFG time to study the impact of dredging was suppose to be revealed by the middle of Feb.
if I remember correctly) has only served to convince me that I was right. Not much coming out
of the state house about it. Perhaps F & G needs to be reminded??

And while we're on the subject of "moonbeam", (That self serving piece of ----), you know, the
one that signed into law that 12 year old girls be vacinated against STD. With a vacine that has
been shown to cause nerve damage, convulsions and even death. I was so surprised that he was
actually re-elected that I've asked everybody I know what they think about him. Guess what, in
the past several months, I haven't found the first person that will admit to having voted for him.

Eagle

Hillbillybjopkr1

Apr 2, 2012
Montague. Calif
Detector(s) used
Gold King double sluce with 3"-4" setup's. homemade frame and pontoons
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sorry for what you guys that are left in California, are going through with this dredging crap. I had a little hope in that last Gubintorial election that the majority of Californians with common sense would have put a conservative in office. But after putting Jerry "Moonbeam" Brown back in office to not only keep the State financially busted, but to make sure that it never recovers. I realized, until California residents that are tired of the liberal utopia that is in place, do something to change it; there's no hope. My Wife and I grew up in California, but we escaped to Colorado eight years ago(We love Colorado, by the way! :headbang:) because we didn't see things getting any better in California, ......ever. :-[

Unfortinuatly...the multitudes of sheeple that reside in S.F. and L.A. are the one's who do the electing....there are more ppl in 1 of there city blocks that the entire of Siskiyou County....we will forever be screwed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread