kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okbasspro said:
My guess would be the d@#$ polititans will say its because of the ban on dredging and try to keep it closed. :BangHead:
..yea,they had record runs last year too....cant tell me that less than 6 months had an effect

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do not know the ins and outs or rules they had in cali but unless the season was at the same time as the spawn. I cant see how it hurt the fishery it is not like we take all the material out of the river and leave with it. Dredging leaves the gravel easier to build nest they dont have to break up a compacted gravel bar.

Mint_2k

Jan 22, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
kuger said:
okbasspro said:
My guess would be the d@#$ polititans will say its because of the ban on dredging and try to keep it closed. :BangHead:
..yea,they had record runs last year too....cant tell me that less than 6 months had an effect

They get an inch, and take a mile....looks like just the beginning of their crusade. The uneducaded "sheeple" will eat what they say in the form of pseudo-half science, hook line and sinker. :angry5: you can surely bet this will be used to keep dredging down. It always pisses me off to no end how politicians make BS assumptions to sell the public on their agendas... :BangHead:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mile my foot, they get an inch and block off 100,000 acres of river watershed to us. If they are not stopped they will stop all mining and that is what they want. Then a few years down the road they will sell mining rights to huge corporations who will come in with heavy equipment and rape the land just like they are doing in Russia. Look up YouTube, Megadaan, Russias Gold Mine.

Better get out there and play while we can.............63bkpkr

Picture of a little gold from last year, dime as backdrop with leadshot taken OUT of the river as well as gold on top

Attachments

• 191_9174.JPG
    191_9174.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 490
  • 191_9174.JPG
    191_9174.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 445

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I've said before, the only dead fish that I have ever seen while dredging was on the hook of a fisherman standing down river from my dredge.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Better get out there and play while we can.............63bkpkr

Yep, u'all your days r number
if,n u ani't red the final report, which was no surprise it comes out after the SWRCB public comment expires

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/suctiondredge/

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hoser
will be in Red Bluff Sunday
truck will be packed with Six inch and camo :blob7:

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D sure see a lot of "pontoons",going through town lately :dontknow:

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okbasspro said:
kuger said:
;D sure see a lot of "pontoons",going through town lately :dontknow:

Now you know they will just be floating them so they can sunbath :laughing9:

Yea,I just figured,"must be headed to the dump"?

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee, I never thought of taking my dredge to the dump so I could lay on the pontoons to sun bathe. you guys, what a gass.........63bkpkr

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Huh? So we should be able to dredge? - Answer to your original question. You know what I say....... :icon_pirat:

Ferret Face Stopher sent this out today, guess they left much inherent confusion with all there antics and BS.

Interested Parties,

I have been receiving numerous calls asking if Fish and Game suction dredge permits are now available, or when they will be. DFG is not selling suction dredge permits at this time, and cannot predict when that might occur. DFG is currently prohibited by statute from issuing suction dredge permits. (Fish & G. Code, § 5653.1, subd. (a).) The use of any vacuum or suction dredge equipment in any river, stream, or lake in California is also currently prohibited by statute through June 30, 2016. (Id., subd. (b).)

The following additional background information may be helpful. As amended with the enactment of AB 120 in July 2011, the existing moratorium on instream suction dredge mining could end earlier than June 30, 2016, if DFG certifies to the California Secretary of State that five specific conditions have occurred. Those conditions are currently detailed in Fish and Game Code section 5653.1, subdivision (b). I focus here on two of those conditions.

The first such condition involves certification that updated regulations adopted by DFG fully mitigate all identified significant impacts associated with authorized suction dredging. Of course, DFG has yet to adopt updated regulations. Likewise, importantly, the Final Subsequent Environmental Impact Report (FSEIR) for the proposed permitting program that DFG just released to the public does identify various significant and unavoidable impacts for purposes of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). DFG expects to address this topic further later this month in CEQA findings which we are required to adopt prior to any final action.

The second such condition involves DFG certification that a fee structure is in place that will fully recover all costs to DFG related to the administration of it permitting program. As I emphasized in a number of previous email updates, the permitting fees DFG collects for its suction dredge permitting program are set by statute. (See Fish & G. Code, § 5653, subd. (c).) Any changes to the fee structure will require action by the California Legislature and related approval by the Governor. As of this time, DFG is not aware of any proposed legislation to address either the fee structure or any other aspect of the moratorium.

In short, DFG is currently prohibited by law from issuing suction dredge permits until either all of the above requirements are met, or July 1, 2016, whichever comes first.

More information is available at http://www.dfg.ca.gov/suctiondredge/.

Mark Stopher
Senior Policy Advisor
California Department of Fish and Game
601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001

voice 530.225.2275
fax 530.225.2391
cell 530.945.1344
[email protected]

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hate to see the all out attack you guys in Cal. have come under Kuger .
It's unwarranted . Gives me the red ass . :angry4:

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TAKODA said:
I hate to see the all out attack you guys in Cal. have come under Kuger .
It's unwarranted . Gives me the red ass . :angry4:

Yea,me too buddy.It seems everything I enjoy is either illegal or threatened.I'll be damned if I take up Yoga and hackey sack!!!

Hillbillybjopkr1

Apr 2, 2012
Montague. Calif
Detector(s) used
Gold King double sluce with 3"-4" setup's. homemade frame and pontoons
Primary Interest:
Other
it's pretty simple...the powers that be...most if not all comming from S.F. or L.A. believe that fish and bug are more important than entire communities..reguardless of what is put as evidence in front of them. I guarentee that the closest most these politicians have ever come to Nor Cali is Sacramento. Still after all these yrs of systematic disassembly of our way of life they still don't get it. WHY do they think the state is going broke...all this spending on stupid regulation with no tax base...cause they are running all business and industry out of Cali. If it wasn't for my job....i'da been in Oregon or alaska...loggin and dredgin yrs ago

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread