US forest department ban on sluices and panning

ironworker

Tenderfoot
Feb 29, 2012
Baldwin Park,ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
USDA FOREST DEPT.
Releaed info about panning and sluicing in all of the los angeles county mountians has been banned. I confirmed this by calling them it is getting
to the point that we will not get to do anything unless they can profit off
of you got to fight this it is getting out of hand next it will be the mother lode area will be off limits if this keeps up.

Edson

Nov 20, 2011
Santa Clarita, California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They been saying that for years, siting the watershed protection act which removed LANF land from mineral entry. But does not prohibit exploration (prospecting) but you can not move a lot of dirt and you must cover up your holes. Some of the areas are closed because of endangered species, there you can't disturb anything, :angry5: bunch of BS from the wacko-environmentalists and Agenda 21 types. If we let these people prevail we will soon be restricted to the sidewalks and only allowed in the forest to take pictures and stay on a path after paying lots of fees to park etc.

Not a Happy Camper.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:evil5: IF YOU DO NOT HAVE IT IN YOUR HAND IN WRITING IT IS ALL BS AND BLUE SKY-never believe nuttn' your told till seen in writing. John :headbang:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hoser John said:
:evil5: IF YOU DO NOT HAVE IT IN YOUR HAND IN WRITING IT IS ALL BS AND BLUE SKY-never believe nuttn' your told till seen in writing. John :headbang:
Agreed.... 100% !! TTC

Mint_2k

Jan 22, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
ironworker said:
here is the link with the info on no sluice or panning in angeles mountians
also states eastfork of azusa canyon

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/angeles/home/?cid=stelprdb5356908

:angry5: :o

Well, I can say they made themselves out to be quite the crusader of all things green, with that cute little deer "glowing" at the top banner Surrounded by grass

::) :BangHead:

Just the look of that site speaks volumes to their cause... As we say in Texas, yeehaw.

Hillbillybjopkr1

Apr 2, 2012
Montague. Calif
Detector(s) used
Gold King double sluce with 3"-4" setup's. homemade frame and pontoons
Primary Interest:
Other
I may be way wrong in this...but i don't think any state government entity can ban gold panning as it is a "Federal Pastime"...was something i had heard yrs ago...i could be very mistaken

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread