Small High Bankers Question

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk
Small High Bankers Question

Hey everyone,

NOT trying to take away anyone trade secret's..
I'm finally getting out again!!,, but need alittle help.. I'm a FL. Beach Hunter , So, if anyone needs Help
with beach hunting. I know, there's alot out there, with Mini High bankers.. I'm looking for light weight." NO gas operation" just Battery:
best for picking out fine recovery.
Looking at: " Angus MacKirk" Desert Fox, or RDH Prospector, or anything else out there worth looking at..

Thanks for everyone time

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Small High Bankers Question

Hello Sapper,
A lot of what you are asking for depends on how much raw sample you plan to wash each hour. If it is a small amount, like sampleing, then all you need is a sluice box and a water bucket to pour the water onto the material. The MacKirk Omega is likely too large for what you are talking about and was not one of his units you mentioned but it is built Just for sand conditions with very little to No rocks. I'm currently modifying a Keene A 52 sluice to a High Banker using parts from CASluicebox.com, lighter ABS plastic than MacKirk uses. This will be my basic unit till it pays for itself and if so I then plan to go to a full MacKirk unit to improve throughput. Good Success with your efforts.............63bkpk

OP
OP
Sapper23

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk

63bkpkr.

Thanks for the insight, i'm a peacetime vet. finally getting time to get out again!!.. but just need something light
and easy for my wife to work with.. I'm mainly wanted to use it. for Black sand, and light river sand... I was going to let my wife
have that project, while I was digging... I was wondering if anyone out there, had any luck with any Mini High Bankers

thanks for your time

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sapper & Mrs.,
I congratulate the two of you on sharing this experience and adventure. There is nothing like husband and wife working together on something like this. Unless of course it is husband, wife and children doing it. I began taking my children with me into wilderness country as they turned 4 years of age and the memories that each of us has for those years are priceless. Enjoy..63bkpkr

OP
OP
Sapper23

Sapper23

Aug 22, 2007
FL
Detector(s) used
Explor II, seamk

63bkpkr,

Thanks! I was in The Army for 17 years, I have been all over, and she was stuck home. I got her a MineLab detector
she hits the beach's over here,, she finds it all!! Now...we have more time, So, we are getting back in the streams, and Mnts !!
she enjoy's the hard work in the streams.. I just trying to get everyone input on High Bankers...

Thanks,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread