Rogue River Dredging?

RANGER31

Mar 3, 2011
lousisiana
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody on here ever dredge the rogue river in Oregon? If so, how well did you do? Been trying to decide whether to build a dredge for the rogue or my claim. I'd really like to try out the rogue but am wondering if its mostly been picked clean.
I use to live on the rogue river in gold hill use to walk down to the river as it whas in my back yard there is good gold on the river i mined right there off my back yard ddone relly good. the gold is bigger there exp out in the middle areas of the river very little overburdan usely a foot are so to hard pan are bed rock.
it is deffantley worth dreadging.

RANGER31

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While RVing at Stanton, AZ, last year, I talked to a person that regularly works the Rogue. She says a very good place for color. She did not get very specific as to exact locations but she expressed that the river was a good place to work. TTC

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4" max on the dredge nozzle and it has to be welded, they check papers and nozzle's on a regular basis.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cancer from the klamath has spread it's tentacles to over 21 miles of the Rogue river as "theirs" and all others excluded--John ps please don't shoot the messenger

Hillbillybjopkr1

Apr 2, 2012
Montague. Calif
Detector(s) used
Gold King double sluce with 3"-4" setup's. homemade frame and pontoons
Primary Interest:
Other
my nozzel I.D. is 4".....the ring (which i just re-welded to make sure there were no gaps what-so-ever) measures 3 13/16. there ain't a damn thing they can do...I am 100% within the letter of the law

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The State has different regs than DEQ and Fed ground, the Rogue is state land.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread