California DFG adopts suction dredge regulations March 16, 2012

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Article that appears in the Gold Prospectors of America. The bureaucrats continue to suck the life out of the state and Californicate all that they touch.

California DFG adopts suction dredge regulations
Mar 16 Written by:
3/16/2012 6:14 PM

The following email correspondence was received today Friday, March 16, from Mark Stopher, Senior Policy Advisor for the California Department of Fish and Game:

Earlier today the Department of Fish and Game took final action to adopt updated regulations governing suction dredge mining under Fish and Game Code section 5653 et seq. The Department took final action under the California Environmental Quality Act, Administrative Procedure Act (APA), and the Fish and Game Code.

As part of that action, the Department submitted the adopted regulations and various other documents required under the APA with the Office of Administrative Law (OAL).

The Department also filed a Notice of Determination (NOD) with the Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) and with the Secretary of California Natural Resources Agency. A copy of the NOD as filed with OPR and the Secretary is attached to this email message.

Early next week, as soon as practically possible, the Department will update its suction dredge website and make related documents available to the public.

I want to reiterate the information I provided by email on March 9, 2012. The actions taken today are not sufficient, by themselves, to allow the Department to resume the sale of suction dredge permits, and we are unable to predict when that might be possible. Existing law prohibits suction dredging in California through June 30, 2016 unless several conditions are satisfied. Today's actions by the Department accomplish some, but not all of those conditions. Please review my email from March 9, 2012, for more detail.

Mark Stopher
Senior Policy Advisor
California Department of Fish and Game
601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001

voice 530.225.2275
fax 530.225.2391
[email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread