Powersluicing permit????

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So...Hoser john has stated as well as previous threads we now need site specific permits to powerer sluice now....Iwas gonna post to that thread but, its buried in this new tnet mess and I dont wannna go look for it. Okay.....Myself, Caminochaos, 63bkpkr,....and several others all have the gear to pack in and operate this way....Yet now are deemed unlawful without these permits....I do have one spot....I wanna hit hard but, also Like to go smell the flowers elsewhere.now my unanswered questions.....What about club claims? are gpaa and privates still running powersluices?????there has to be membership here that knows...do you guys have the pmits....if an individual miner gpaa member actually went through the permitting could he not allow that permit to cover that spot for others ...or are they actually gonna make each miner get the permit for that spot? wich i guess would create a more signifigant disturbance in that spot...In the other thread one of the fellas here posted info on what they actually considered waste....and from what it said typical banker...run off wasnt actually waste...so we are ok as long as theres minimal turbidity, settling basin and not just running water down the bank.I have a place i can discharge on to Bedrock.I also tried to find out how to apply for these permits via the links provided...no dice actually seemed like i was way to smallfry for waterboard stuff once i started diving in.I searched the site for permit,costs,waste definitions,lots of info on cases came up and hearngs new regs etc, most didnt seem to apply to me lots of large corporate stuff...not a thing for small miners ...go there and search powersluice or hi banker see what u get. And i still found no way to start the permit process. There is a phone number to a person for questions but, I'm not gonna call her until i know for sure im actually the only one really trying to find out whats really going on here.I will only apply for this permit if its free to apply...cause if they say i need one for my main spot...im not gonna get one...for the cost and the fact you would have to apply 120 days before mining....so for now the creeks up....its my day off im goin sluicing....show ya what i get later..

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That website has the links to the website i mentioned read down to the links to the waterboard f.a.q.s....look for the word ..Expensive....permit fee plus 30k for what???????plus this fee for that and this.....How does this apply to a small miner....It does vaugely mention substantial water use and amount oner 4500 gal per day .....nothing mine relatrd settling ponds etc. mention on waterboard site.....thats all fish and game regs....it looks like these are all older rules too pre, dredge ban....if they are not wheres the date that says as of now....such and such date this specific Legal hearing/judgement says you John Q, Miner.....can no longer do what you just did two sundays ago without a permit......now you need a permit for that spot behind that rock.....and if you even dare think of moving the 900 feet down stream.....to that log jam and sweet gravel bar you bet your shorts your gotta start all over....and dont you even try to dig for 120 days until we let you know if you can run your pump there too.I( wanna say it was Jog....or....Russau......2cmoreau....who posted the waste information before...i guess i will look it up when i get home from work.......Hoser say something????????????????????????

forhorsmn

Feb 7, 2012
Gainesville, TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minimum application fee=$1000
Fees that the Division collects for the Department of Fish and Game=$850.00
Preparation of documents that they prepare to comply with CEQA= can cost $30,000 or more
Fee for the Department of Fish and Game to review the environmental document=$1800 to $2500
Annual fee to maintain it=$100

There is no way that they can really expect to get these fees from the small miners. I really hope that I'm reading it wrong.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just another way of cutting the recreational miners throat. The average guy
just can't afford to pay those kind of fees, so he doesn't mine (on paper anyway)......
my 2 cents worth. Gold Nuggets :wave:

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gettin this thread back up due to recent questions.....still dont have a solid answer on this permit thing....and te true actual definitions of waste that these regulations apply to, dont believe certain mining tailings count....and you just need to make a notice of diversion.....maybe?????

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In fact the new 49ers have dates posted for Hi Banking over the summer. So do they permit the whole property? Because technically if this permit is required its required by you...site specific....not by the property owner to allow people free roam over acres and acres.....digging and running in different spots soooooooo whats really going on?plus use and waste discharge would fluctuate with season and patronage of club activites so how would they guge the waste discharge to adjust the fee schedule on the permitting??????

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In fact the new 49ers have dates posted for Hi Banking over the summer. So do they permit the whole property? Because technically if this permit is required its required by you...site specific....not by the property owner to allow people free roam over acres and acres.....digging and running in different spots soooooooo whats really going on?plus use and waste discharge would fluctuate with season and patronage of club activites so how would they guge the waste discharge to adjust the fee schedule on the permitting??????

They be pushin the envelope as they do so well....hope they don't screw it up worse AGAIN for us and all this as they move the herd and invade Oregon.
Kinda how they handled the whole "booming" thing and before that the dredging. Just screwed thgings up for the rest of us.

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And let the tickets flow,equipment confiscated and hauled away as the bureauratz are doing it very publically,see Wild Justice for no justice system. Don't play the game unless you can pay the fine,do the time and don't like your equipment much anyhow--err on the side a caution as I do-and let the devil take the hindmost(which means they all can kiss my arse)especialy the cancer from the klamath and Rogue now--John

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have asked my instructor(I am a Certified Erosion Storm Water Inspector) about how the State/Fed Regs apply to Mining,and he couldnt give me an answer....as of right now any grubbing,clearing or excavating on more than 5 acres of land requires an Engineered (Swep...Storm Water,Erosion Plan)with proper BMP's(Better Management Products....erosion control measures)and in the Engineering of the SWEP will be determined whether or not Daily water samples of discharge must be taken to be sent to a certified lab for analysis to determine exceedence of turbidity.If exceedence into an active waterway(Property of the U.S)is not controlled within a reasonable time frame citations up to $10,00 per gallon may be levied.As of 2014 Agriculture which is now exempt will fall under these Regs....................

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 625734 Sorry but insstructor needs to reschool himself to the new reality--oops been in place for years now-John

Thanks John....He actually is the guy that has writtem most of the training material,going today,also,has nothing to do with mining...construction only

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The klamath cancer fun fun club will be having their weekend group highbanking operations as planned on the Klamath. Not very smart about it as it is all over their website/forum.
Just got their so called newsletter last night. You know all it is going to do is cause more trouble for the rest of us, again. Will be waiting for the smiley-whacky086.gif

Read somewhere on there that if any member should get caught highbanking the fun fun club will pick up the leagal fees. Might be worth the 3K to join? NOT.

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
in my humble opinion,buying a permit from state for ops upon fed/public lands open to min entry and based upon a state law which negates the constitutional rights afforded/afirmed by the 72 etc federal law,would enter said buyer into contract with state enacting said law,and waive constitutional rights while obeying/affirming said law.if permits available 2016,doubt i will buy one,unless 94 type regs at worst.hast la vista

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread