Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there GN,
Someone in the Know will comment on your request. Out of curiosity why the KD Nugget High Banker 3" unit, what makes that specific unit a good match for you? What sort of pricing for the high banker and does the price include the motor/pump?

I have a Keene A52 sluicebox that I'm modifying into a high banker and will use an older but in perfect shape Tanaka 2.2 HP gas motor with a Keene P90 pump on it. The motor/pump were used on my 2" suction dredge that I've had since 92, the motor/pump are rated at 90 gallons per minute and that is high pressure gpm's at that. I've purchsed a CASluicbox company A52 washing box (the complete unit) modification for the sluice and it looks like a good unit. Bought the support frame/adjustable legs from Keene. Good success with whatever you end up with!! Oh, have you looked at Angus MacKirk offerings in complete high bankers w/o motor/pump for ~$700?.........63bkpkr

195_9505.JPG Here's the HB kit mounted to the A52 w/o the end dam on the input of the flare, yet. Note the two Drop Riffles just above the grizzly on the HB kit.

195_9503.JPG This is the Tanaka and the P90 pump, mans large glove for size.

OP
OP
gold nuggets

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks 63bkbkr for your information and suggestions. The reason I am asking about this particular unit is that I have a chance to buy it for a very reasonable price.(right around $800.) The unit comes with everything... intake and output hoses, clamps, sluice box, connectors, stand and includes the a 5.5 HP Honda motor with the larger pump and is only about 2 or 3 years old. Sorry, I don't remember the size of the pump off hand. The only info I can find online is about the "mini" and not the 3". That's why I was asking for some feedback on the unit to see if what I would be getting would be worth the price. Thanks.........Gold Nuggets :wave:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi GN,
I've been told that the Honda engines come in two models the black colored general engines and the better red colored engines. Apparently the red units last longer and do more. That is a good size engine and it likely runs the water pump and likely some wash down hoses. $800 for a unit in good working condition IS a good price. The Keene replacement engine/pump system for my unit is now a 2.5 hp Honda w/P90 pump and runs just about $800.

I would check the input end of the pump housing to see if there were any signs of having sucked gravel or sand into the pump as that will damage an impeller as well as possibly the housing reducing water pumping and pumps are not cheap to replace.

OP
OP
gold nuggets

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an excellent suggestion to check the pump because, like you said, they are expensive to replace. I am going to take another closer look at the whole set-up today some time. The Honda engine is the black colored one, but looks to be in really good shape. When looking at it the first time, I put just enough fuel in it to be sure it ran and then shut it down. (Started within 3 pulls) I do appreciate your input and suggestions and.......BTW......congrats on the new job offer.
Gold Nuggets :wave:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread