How can I highbank in California and how much does it cost?

plank

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I ordered a highbanker from California Sluice box and then I started reading up on it and I found all these threads about how you need a permit to discharge your water and waste material on land or something. I basically need to know if I should bother with the whole process and pay a bunch of money or is it allowed for a casual prospector who fills in his holes to use a small highbanker? If I am allowed, with or without a permit, what are some places where I can go? Thanks in advance.

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IF you are going by the Waterboard BS then - "The minimum fee for the permit is $1120.00 but may be higher depending on the threat the discharge poses to water quality and the complexity of the discharge as determined by the Regional Water Board."
Might just want to follow the Klamath cancer herd to Oregon... I believe still legal there till the fun fun club stirs up the crap pot???

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My simple suggestion... Go elsewhere. The state has been totally CALIFORNICATED. The best way to vote, is with your dollars. Bring them to Oregon, Washington Nevada, Arizona, etc. I used to live in SoCal until I got fed up with the suffocating regulations and the permit fees. This moratorium is nothing more than a ruse to extract more fees (not taxes) from an already exhausted populace. The moratorium is neither a liberal or conservative objective, it's just part of being Californicated.

Best regards and good luck.

OldNBroken

May 13, 2010
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, ETrac w/ sunray X1, SDC 2300, XTerra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pshhh, don't bother going to Washington with a highbanker...they aren't much better than Cali. It's the whole left-coast thing I think.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a righteous dust mask to go with it to prevent the dreaded Desert Fever,Valley Fever,CDC site says it's gone ape with the dryer conditions--been to quite a few funerals of good friends in bygone years who refused to wear them. Get a nice detector as 1 cubic foot a second is great production ,that is till this new batch of tv shows highlighting detecting make the laws change also-John

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water discharge is where they get ya and not source---forget kalif is my best advice-Ifn' ya can't pay the fine,do the time and won't miss your equipment when confiscated well come on ahead-John

OP
OP
P

plank

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2012
Palmdale, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So let me get this straight. I cannot use my new highbanker. Even on club claims? What about private claims? And someone told me I could as long as I was 300' from an active waterway.

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So let me get this straight. I cannot use my new highbanker. Even on club claims? What about private claims? And someone told me I could as long as I was 300' from an active waterway.

Sorry, No to all, according to the Cal Water Board. But only applies if you are going to abide by their BS.

I don't. :icon_pirat:

RotGrub

Jun 13, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, CA sucks but I live there and need to mine so I came up with a full size recirculating highbanker that can be set up next to a river, a dry creek or desert. It is still a work in progress and I've posted my progress on my youtube channel which has been great as many comments and suggestions have assisted with the development of my machine. I'm not looking to sell anything just trying to develop a concept that we all can benefit from; until we take back our rights and State... So if your interested in highbanking in CA, take a look at my progress videos and get working on your own version! The following 3 videos show the progress of my refinments. Filtering -60 material is not easy...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions