Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Feb 2011
    1 times

My Dredge weight is over 300 pounds

I'm almost finish with my dredge.It's weighting in at almost 350 # and 4 X 8 foot long. It's a 4 inch dredge with 11hp engine.It weights around 200 # upfront and 150 in the aft (rear).I hope to use two plastic 55 gal's upfront and two plastic 35 gal in the rear.Is this to much floation.I was hoping for lower weight but this is it.I'm afraid I might not get it in the water less I have a ramp.Are there any rivers that can be dredge with this setup in NC/SC/GA?Thanks for any help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4040005.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	278.7 KB 
ID:	630119   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P4040003.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	256.6 KB 
ID:	630120  

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    2032 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    OMG heavy is right as huge engine not needed for a lil'ol'4" as 5 hp rocks but deal is done and footvalve will be problematic as short. Run 4-35g barrels in a crik and 6 for rivers in fast water. Hire illegals for labor at Home Depot to haul-tons a au 2 u 2 -John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0371.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	630123  

us
    Feb 2011
    1 times
    Hi this is the outcome when one newbe buy's before reseach.I've been buying the parts for a year and half.I've done alot of reseach now and know my big mistakes.My thinking a year ago was I need a 3X4 pump for a 4 inch dredge.LOL.I do plan to put a winch and air on it.Not picture is my hoses and other stuff about all is included in the 300 to 350 weight.This will no doubt be a team dredge.I'm retired at 50 so I have all the time in the world and can go anywhere

us
    Northern California

Aug 2007
    'South' Texas
    XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
    1408 times
    jaguargene, that is "Quite" a rig you got there, I'd like to watch it work!

Hoser, that is one fine picture!! What parta CA you take that, though it looks like a recent pictue like from last weekend.
    ...........63bkpkr
    Out searching w/GMT & friend under my arm

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    2032 times
    4 years ago on the Trinity on my claims downstream from the BLM campground outta Douglas City. No gold as hammered but 100's and 100's a pounds of lead and trash taken off the bottom as salmon/steelhead illegal rigs completely filled every crack and crevice full of lead and sharp treble hook snagging rigs-scum suckn' dogs. 20'+ deep pools and swift water but ruined by millions of tons of reclaimation gravels that filled in pools so salmon/steelhead die but state enviros say wonderful jus' a wonderful as fishermen/canoist/rafters scream to high heaven. hahahahaha-John

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    632 times
    wow! 350 lbs! my 4 inch homeade dredge (w/o the hose/nozzel) is 165 lbs. with the flotation and engine.

us
    Jun 2009
    republic of trinity usa
    gpx4500,gmt
    5 times
    mostly quit packing in my 4 inch rig pontoons.not heavy,but ackward to impossible sometimes taking both 1 trip.4 inch rigs are for tributaries my book,like to ratchet strap my box/flair to a truck tire,tire can be filled with rocks,or not.runs quiet,specially with riffles out in fines mode.if remote and no fisherman trash or tires i use driftlogs and ratchet straps.usually when using pontoons on my four,was wishing for a six,to get the dern hole opened up already.i like that long sluice,few less riffles and long rubber damper might help.

Charter Member
    us
    War Eagle

Aug 2008
    Alabama
    311 times
    Survival
    I reckon you'll be look'n to get the truck fairly
    close to your objective .

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    632 times
    i prefer to float into a area rather than pack it in, then float it out when done!it maybe a couple of mile float in/out but its a nice day anyway! walking in/out the dredge area is ok after the dredge is inplace!

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    2032 times
    Amen Russ as us ol'dogs MUST work smarter to prosper-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    632 times
    John, it also doesent give away your location! as if i need to tell you! haha

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    2032 times
    Location?? LOCATION We ain' got no location for my vocation as just got back from yet another vacation. Besides ya'all know I'm a law abiding citizen in this spermicidal anal retentive state a confusion and bankruptcy in kalif--both financial.mentally and vocationally-and now permits in Misery a comn' ggggggggggsssssssskkkkkkkrrrrriiiiiisssssstttttttt-John

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    632 times
    yep! permits/rules/guidlines are a cumin for Missouri! im trying to stay on top of it to soften the blow!

Sponsors