My Dredge weight is over 300 pounds

jaguargene

Feb 8, 2011
I'm almost finish with my dredge.It's weighting in at almost 350 # and 4 X 8 foot long. It's a 4 inch dredge with 11hp engine.It weights around 200 # upfront and 150 in the aft (rear).I hope to use two plastic 55 gal's upfront and two plastic 35 gal in the rear.Is this to much floation.I was hoping for lower weight but this is it.I'm afraid I might not get it in the water less I have a ramp.Are there any rivers that can be dredge with this setup in NC/SC/GA?Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• P4040005.JPG
    P4040005.JPG
    259.1 KB · Views: 201
  • P4040003.JPG
    P4040003.JPG
    256.6 KB · Views: 217

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG heavy is right as huge engine not needed for a lil'ol'4" as 5 hp rocks but deal is done and footvalve will be problematic as short. Run 4-35g barrels in a crik and 6 for rivers in fast water. Hire illegals for labor at Home Depot to haul-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

Attachments

• 100_0371.jpg
    100_0371.jpg
    999.3 KB · Views: 252
OP
OP
J

jaguargene

Feb 8, 2011
Hi this is the outcome when one newbe buy's before reseach.I've been buying the parts for a year and half.I've done alot of reseach now and know my big mistakes.My thinking a year ago was I need a 3X4 pump for a 4 inch dredge.LOL.I do plan to put a winch and air on it.Not picture is my hoses and other stuff about all is included in the 300 to 350 weight.This will no doubt be a team dredge.I'm retired at 50 so I have all the time in the world and can go anywhere

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jaguargene, that is "Quite" a rig you got there, I'd like to watch it work!

Hoser, that is one fine picture!! What parta CA you take that, though it looks like a recent pictue like from last weekend.
...........63bkpkr :thumbsup:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 years ago on the Trinity on my claims downstream from the BLM campground outta Douglas City. No gold as hammered but 100's and 100's a pounds of lead and trash taken off the bottom as salmon/steelhead illegal rigs completely filled every crack and crevice full of lead and sharp treble hook snagging rigs-scum suckn' dogs. 20'+ deep pools and swift water but ruined by millions of tons of reclaimation gravels that filled in pools so salmon/steelhead die but state enviros say wonderful jus' a wonderful as fishermen/canoist/rafters scream to high heaven. hahahahaha-John

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
mostly quit packing in my 4 inch rig pontoons.not heavy,but ackward to impossible sometimes taking both 1 trip.4 inch rigs are for tributaries my book,like to ratchet strap my box/flair to a truck tire,tire can be filled with rocks,or not.runs quiet,specially with riffles out in fines mode.if remote and no fisherman trash or tires i use driftlogs and ratchet straps.usually when using pontoons on my four,was wishing for a six,to get the dern hole opened up already.i like that long sluice,few less riffles and long rubber damper might help.

TAKODA

Aug 19, 2008
Alabama
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I reckon you'll be look'n to get the truck fairly
close to your objective . :laughing7:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i prefer to float into a area rather than pack it in, then float it out when done!it maybe a couple of mile float in/out but its a nice day anyway! walking in/out the dredge area is ok after the dredge is inplace!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Location?? LOCATION??? We ain' got no location for my vocation as just got back from yet another vacation. Besides ya'all know I'm a law abiding citizen in this spermicidal anal retentive state a confusion and bankruptcy in kalif--both financial.mentally and vocationally-and now permits in Misery a comn' ggggggggggsssssssskkkkkkkrrrrriiiiiisssssstttttttt-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread