testing my new dredge design

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it! Very impressive.

Have any photos?
Would like to see the whole unit from end to end and a break down of the sluice.

GG~

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking good Alan , Trade ya ! I need to make me a sluice like that one . From the blue print I saw of it , I was impressed . Very good build .

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blueprint?........I wanna see the blueprint!

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should see his highbankers ! He has some very nice builds , that's a very big complement (I am a welder/fabricator myself ) In my personal opinion his are better built than anything else on the market. All his are on the custom level !

OP
OP
rebel003

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks,
Here are a couple CAD views of the Dredge, I will be taking more Pics and Video at our outing next weekend.

GP-193.JPG
GP-193-5.JPG PRO-HMR4-2.JPG

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sa weet !

So how's it testing out so far?

Last edited:
OP
OP
rebel003

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The first test went very well, It did not sink... spent the day adjusting the water flow, angle, and did a couple of hours actually running material to ensure the under current box was cleaning out without blowing it out. To my surprise there was a lot of fine gold in the lower under current box with some in the upper.
This next weekend I plan on doing some control test with BBs, and different size lead shot to see where the recovery really is.

Russ I had to put my name on it so I would know which one is mine. They all look the same
???

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any latest Info? I really like your design.

GG~

OP
OP
rebel003

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Reb the last post i remember reading was that your dredge was stolen. what hapened?? any updates??

Russ I wish there was some good news but we have never found a scrap part so far. however my new one is near complete.

PRO-HMR4.JPG

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sure hope you catch the thief. best of luck. I have been keeping an eye out for it , hope you get your new one soon.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you find the thief, stuff him under a river boulder, under about 10 feet of water!

Can't wait to see the new finished dredge.

OP
OP
rebel003

rebel003

Feb 17, 2011
Winston, Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good question, first you see if there is any build up of material under the second classifier screen. If this area cleans out correctly then you inspect the type of material you are recovering behind the riffles, if mainly heavies then the flow is good if there is only a small amount of material then it is flowing to fast. This can be adjusted by correcting the sluice angle or engine speed.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like your method for changing the box angle. I wish Keene would use that instead of the stupid sliding rails.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread