Video: Dave Mack Explains Prospecting on the Rogue River in Oregon

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I agree Russ. The more time miners spend arguing amongst each other is more time they spend winning our rights away from us. No point to it.:icon_thumleft:

I understand your whole point but I am not aguing, I am piz'd off and venting my anger towards those who got us ALL in the mess in the first place. I still am fighting but not with the likes of that racket.
And now new 9th Circuit Appeal Court Decision, arrrrrrggggg, the Klamath Cancer is out of control. Yep same old same old and now moving the profitable socalled community/industry to Oregon. Good Luck there, Jeffro!!!! :laughing7:

As my friend, Russ, said. Best to agree to disagree and leave'r at that.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
AHMEN to that! besides,we cant change anything through/on the net,while the wacoenviromentlists and socalled gubermint "representatives" are releiveing themselfs on us at our expense!

calnatv

Mar 19, 2011
Lets not forget most of this started with AB1032. Had the Governor signed it, we'd probably still be dredging.

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think (meaning my opinion as I now half of you here won't agree), I think we would still be dredging for certain if the New 49ers exploitation never existed.
I know the rivalry between Davey and the Karuckus tribe goes back much farther than AB1032, and now we are seeing the aftermath of those squabbles.
Nobody came to me back then and ask if I wanted to put whole states dredging on the line just to fight the Davey vs. Karuckus conflict. Damage is done and way more damage than good ever came from it all.

Last edited:

calnatv

Mar 19, 2011
I think (meaning my opinion as I now half of you here won't agree), I think we would still be dredging for certain if the New 49ers exploitation never existed.
I know the rivalry between Davey and the Karuckus tribe goes back much farther than AB1032, and now we are seeing the aftermath of those squabbles.
Nobody came to me back then and ask if I wanted to put whole states dredging on the line just to fight the Davey vs. Karuckus conflict. Damage is done and way more damage than good ever came from it all.

Exactly what my point was. The fight started and AB1032 came about. I truly believe had it been signed we would still be in the water. The proposed regs for AB1032 were not NEARLY as restrictive as the new proposed regs. It was mostly the Salmon and Klamath watersheds that it would have effected. I'll let you all figure out why that was.
Fight, bicker, complain all you want but the fact is the New 49ers started this fight and took the whole state down with them, The all or nothing approach didn't work out very well.

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Exactly what my point was. The fight started and AB1032 came about. I truly believe had it been signed we would still be in the water. The proposed regs for AB1032 were not NEARLY as restrictive as the new proposed regs. It was mostly the Salmon and Klamath watersheds that it would have effected. I'll let you all figure out why that was.
Fight, bicker, complain all you want but the fact is the New 49ers started this fight and took the whole state down with them, The all or nothing approach didn't work out very well.

I hear ya.
All I wanted to do was dredge my claims and be left alone as it was before the Davey Karuckus BS moved into my backyard.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave could have just walked away but he is spending a lot of his own money to fight it and I believe is a big suporter of the fights going on in Oregon.

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
He should be spending his own dang money to fix what he done to us but yet again hasn't he messed it up enough already. Kinda wish he would have walk away long long time ago.
Just very frustrated and p.o.'d, I guess you guys in Oregon will learn the hard way how it is. Good Luck.

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been on this site long enough and have read enough that I think it doesn't matter what happens In Cal, or Or,or anywhere else, People will allways BI#@H no matter what............

Sorry about everyone Highjacking your thread Bearkat. I'm done here.

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jog, that is fine. I respect your opinion as I hope you do mine. It is good that we all speak up and voice our thoughts, It is even better that we still have that freedom. Good Luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread