KingsMtnMan

Greenie
Jan 18, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Infinium, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok folks I have a question about pricing. I am wanting to get into doing some gold sluicing and highbanking and have run up on some equipment for sale. Some of it is used and some new. The guy that has it decided to get out of the hobby and priced it to me for $600.00. Now I'm not a rich man or I would buy more expensive equipment but my budget won't allow it. That being said, I don't want to spend hard earned money for junk either. So, it this equipment worth 5-600.00?
I have attached a photo of everything that comes in the deal.
Thanks for any info.
Curt

Attachments

• IMG_1105.JPG
    IMG_1105.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 773

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a Keene highbanker, lighweight honda motor and pump? Spiral wheel, knockoff blue bowl? Layflat 1 1/2 inch discharge. Intake rigid house with filter, hex gold pan, and a garrett starter kit. What am I missing... Looks to be a heck of a deal if everything is in working order. Looks like somebody got excited, geared up and lost intrest. His loss looks like a pretty good gain for you. Best of luck, and happy hunting....

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
, knockoff blue bowl??????? this isnt a knockoff blue bowl! this is a green bowl made by Keene thats not made anymore,and ive seen them go for over $100. alone. yep that isnt a bad deal if thats what your looking for!

OP
OP
K

KingsMtnMan

Greenie
Jan 18, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the responses guys! I haven't ever done any panning, dredging or hi banking so it's all new to me, especially the equipment involved. I am looking forward to learning.
Again, thanks for the info!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
thats probly because your fairly new to this. Keene made them and had two versions before they stoped production on them.they are highly prized and overly priced now!

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why can't I ever find a deal like that? The Honda motor cost $400+ if that is a honda???

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Green bowl... $100. Gold Miner (the blue circular thing in black tub).... $300. Keene highbanker (Jobe has very similar at $700). Garrett pan kit... $35. Plus extras... Yes, I would say you got a deal. That's not junk; good stuff! TTC

Last edited:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
thats probly because your fairly new to this. Keene made them and had two versions before they stoped production on them.they are highly prized and overly priced now!

I am wondering if they worked well?

OP
OP
K

KingsMtnMan

Greenie
Jan 18, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys, I took the plunge and bought the equipment! Now i got to learn how to use it. Youtube? Got a creek on my property I guess I can practice in.

Thanks guys!

Curt

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
nice

thats a super deal hope it is getting you some gold by now good luck and welcome to the hobby

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
If you have a local club close it would really be a benefit to join. You'll get lots of help and really shorten up the learning curve. Doug.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why can't I ever find a deal like that? The Honda motor cost $400+ if that is a honda???

$400? Not where I shop. I bought a brand new Gx200 (IIRC) it's the side shaft that fits the Keene 180 pump, for $200.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys, I took the plunge and bought the equipment! Now i got to learn how to use it. Youtube? Got a creek on my property I guess I can practice in.

Thanks guys!

Curt

Look up the instructions for the HB on Keene's website. It's fairly simple operation. Just make sure you bring a level and get it flat side-to-side. After that it's a lot of experimentation. Different areas have different sized and shaped gold that require changes to get it to hold the most possible for where you hunt. You will have to play with pump speed and sluice angle. More angle and more water help to keep your riffles from packing with waste gravel, it also causes you to lose fine gold. Use your pan and test the tailings from time to time. If you are losing gold out the back, you need to make some changes.

If you are REALLY new to this, I will recommend that you get a bag of "concentrates". Look for the guy on Ebay who sells it by the gram. Yes, it's salted but you know exactly what you get. Use this paydirt to practice panning, A LOT. You'd be amazed how much fine gold gets away even with experience. Lastly, if you have a kiddy pool or something similar you can use the paydirt to test HB setup to get it close to correct at home.

There are some great youtube videos on how to setup and run that "blue" bowl.

Good luck, and remember, it's about having fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread