Couple (infinity) jet questions???

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done alot of research and reading (as much as I could find) on the internet about "couple" or "infinity" jets for dredging. Not really alot out there. Everything I've read says this is the way to go.... as they seem to be 2 to 3 times more efficient than power jets or a suction nozzle. I'm sceptical because if this is the case why isn't there more information about them or diy and home build info out there? Is there any one here that has successfully built one of these themselves? Is it worth the time and trouble. If you have tried what... worked or what didn't? I'm working with a 2.5hp 2" pump and would like to put together a dredge for processing material into a highbanker for now and later a possible floating dredge. I know my pump is not "all that" for a dredge build and thats why I want to get all the performance I can out of it. The pic I've attached is the best image I've found. I've also found conflicting differences in optimum degree of angle and gap within the mixing chamber. Some say angle should be 11* not 23* as in the pic. This may have something to do with the dia. of the pipe used. I've found recommended gap sizes from 1/16th" to 1/4" + but this can be adj. if the jet is built to thread in and out with lock nuts to keep things in place when best performace is reached. Good Guy this has got to tweek your McGyver mind. What do ya think?

couplejetplans.jpg

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you a member of the goldminers yahoo group?
Goldminers : A place for goldminers to meet, share an

There was just a discussion on pcv infinity jet just last month. The OP had built one and wasn't getting the results he expected, but it wasn't adjustable. There were some other ideas put out in abs drain fittings, with the suggestion that pvc be used over unrated abs but here is the idea of where that was heading:

IMG_1499.jpg

Threaded+adjuster.jpg

infinity+jet+pvc.jpg

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
in the picture above, the water/material flow is from right to left! i made a couple of these from PVC years back and they worked. i installed a vacumn gauge at the inlet pipe to measure the amount of suction (vacumn) and a PSI gauge at the outlet of the device to know what Pressure itll run at for my optimum results of my pump. John (Hoser) has a diagram somewhere showing its best results installing the waterinlet to this device at a 45 degree angle to the body and NOT at 90 degrees.and 11 degrees of angle for the orfice of the device is optimum. i may build anotherone for my 4 inch dredge sometime.

OP
OP
hunter_46356

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JC, I have seen these pics and discussion of that PVC build, Russau what size jets have you built and how did you deal with connection from PVC O.D. to I.D. of pressure and suction hoses in your builds. I'm thinking of reducing at my pump from 2" to 1-1/2" as others have done with this same pump on dredge builds. Assuming this has something to do with increase in pressure. I'm assuming (I hate using that word) again pressure hose I.D. is typical to I.D. of pvc which would leave you with a problem of connecting the two where needed. I'd like to keep my suction hose at a 2" dia. with pressure inlet at 1-1/2".

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've built them from 2" to 12" and all powerjets rock at 11 degrees,forget plastic,spend a little time and about $5 more for metal and get a piece of equipment and NOT a plastic toy so you can enjoy for many years to come-John

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
John i used PVC to fab it (mock it up) CHEAPLY to see if i could do it.Hunter i threaded my PVC so i could adjust it.the rest was glued up.ive never give it a long term try out to see how long it would last.just wanted to build one or two.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the impression that pvc came up because of lack of tools.

I've looked at a couple place, but didn't find standard metal fittings large enough. I was going to flip through a grainger catalog.

This design (from a link in the link above) might be easier for someone if they have or make a roller (and weld). It gives me a couple ideas on adjustability.

(by RKC on the gold dredging forum)
OKOKInfinite20jet.jpg

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunter,

The tapered "gap" needs to be able to be adjusted due to pump performance factors. 11 degrees on the "angle" of the taper seems to be the optimum.
Also If a spiral flow was introduced around the chamber by an offset initial angle at the input source it may help to enhance the performance.

GG~

Last edited:

trilex55

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a look at this link. This guy has obviously done a lot of research.

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not sure I fully understand. Someone please elaborate as to the applications of such a device.
My regular old power jet will hurt me if I get my hand between the nozzle and a big rock... It'll near suck the glove off my hand at half throttle...

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cause us boys just gotta have the biggest baddest toys. It all relates back to getting the most bang(suction) for your buck,utilizing the smallest engine pump combo to create the most suction possible. Less gas usage,less weight to haul in and float rocks too. Pressure chamber fed inductors was a PESCO invention-tri-jet- and helps to even out flow with more capacity than needed hence much more suction. Just like compressors,pneumatic tools and all tools need more capacity than used to be constant and efficent power source.As advertised and sold in the ICMJ back in the late 70s/80s John

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have a look at this link. This guy has obviously done a lot of research.
Dang it, there's the idea that was in my head, only my inlets aren't on the outside like those 6.

With a curved/scroll slot plate (I'll be damned if I can find an image offhand, but usually used for something like a 3 jaw chuck), you could create a variable inlet block so the jet could be tuned to the pump.

Jomsa

Jan 19, 2022
Detector(s) used
MineLab X-terra 705
White's TRX
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry to wake up this zombie, but i did have my own version of this built... and here you can see it in use :

I mean to make a complete dissection about it perhaps later this year on my YT channel. Based a lot of my design on what you guys had done so far, but also found this russian dude i believe he was, who had also made it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread