New to this need help

gold finger

Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, Im a new member here but have been a long time treasure hunter of all sorts. I recently came across a hidden treasure in the rafters of a old house I purchased. when I got it down and cleaned up I realized it was the same model my grandfather use to have. I'm not to sure if I should keep it or sell it but thought some of you guys could help me determine it's value. My guess is it was only used once and then stored away and I have checked the motor and pump which both work flawlessly. It is a Gold King 3" dredge with a 5 hp briggs but beyond that I have been able to find very liitle information on it since the manufacturer is no longer in business. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated, especially in the area of it's value. Thanks!

2012-07-13112443.jpg

2012-07-13112515-1.jpg

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
congrats on the find! as far as price goes,id add up all the parts involved and make a decission from that. assumeing that theres no problems with dryrot hose and the engine runs, i dont think id ask any less than $300(since it is used!). for it and thats proble a low value as it is!

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice attic find.:icon_thumleft:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW talk about a blast from the past circa about 1984 even. Amazing condition. I tried to buy parts on a number of occasions for friends but widow too out of it to do anything. Even tried to buy jigs,molds,parts and tooling but she was non responsive and kept saying for years she'd resurrect the biz but gone gone gone. I'd start at about $500 or so NOW as summer,when the winter hits Much harder to sell-thanx much for pix as felt young again for a few seconds anyhow--John

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a buyer at $350.00 plus shipping If your interested PM me.
Do you have the frame and floats?

GG~

gcdredge.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gold finger

Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a buyer at $350.00 plus shipping If your interested PM me.
Do you have the frame and floats?

GG~

View attachment 654080

Thanks for all of the good info guys. As far as selling it, at this point I think anything under six hundred and I would be inclined to keep it for something to use with my two boys.

Also it does not have the frame or floats, just what's in the pictures plus the original manual.

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get a frame and floats from Keene Eng: PFA44 Mini Float & Frame $ 589.00
Or build your own using innertubes and aluminum for a lot less.

Would make a great project for you and the boys. :icon_thumleft:

dredge_close.jpg

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gold finger

Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the source! I remember my grandfather taking me out dredging with his Gold King when I was about ten. I think my kids would dig it if they can see past the "work" aspect of it, and focus more on the treasure hunting side.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions