2 Inch BackPack Dredge Setup?

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That angle can change depending on the material you are running.I set my box where I hold 3/4 to 1 inch of material on the down stream side of the riffles.Run some dirt and then adjust to desired angle while running.Check your tailing pile to make sure you are not blowing gold thru the box.If you watch the video at about the 25 second mark you can see what I am talking about I was catching gold so small I can not get it out of the sand by hand.I am sure some of the other Members will chime in on this
hopefully Hoser John or russau will have some advise for you.
Happy Hunting

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
these setups are very unstable in any kind of fast/choppy water.but, i setup my dredge sluice so that it clears the bigger rocks and still keeps a clear zone between the riffels but the material that is caught by the eddy from the riffels action is still danceing.when this is happening, i know my setup is working.and watch your engine speed.to fast will use up all your gas and blow the fine gold out,and itll get them wacoenviromentalists attention and theyll be up in arms ! this setup has proven itself from Wyoming/Colorado/Indiana/Ohio/Alabama/Georgia and parts unmetioned!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luv them unmentionables Russ :occasion14: Be extremely careful with innertubes as them ^%$#WED@! things love to roll over and play submarine. A hb is the absolutely worst dredge setup ever made bar none and top heavy beyond belief with tippy at the top of the list. You dredge angle on a tube will always vary so check tailings for a education as to recovery. Left and right and end to end all matter and tubes require a tender to maintain any semblence of proper angles X-Y-and Z angles-John

OP
OP
matrix master DBA

matrix master DBA

Jan 29, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Mxt Pro + Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice guys. I will give it a shot this weekend and double check tailings. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread