Home made dredge cart ?

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you get responses, look for the one option you shouldn't be without.........BRAKES !!!
:icon_thumright:
Bob

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had made another cart up over the winter. Matter fact just got done painting it.
Sometimes my projects just seem to go in slowmo. But here is a picture of it. Brakes are a must if the terrain is less than flat.
I use these to haul the heavies (Motors, pumps, winches...). :tongue3:
IMG_1940.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1940.jpg
    IMG_1940.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GH fab job rocks,as usual, and see the brakes too!!. The outside bar over the wheels is a great stability edition as really makes the frame much more rigid and helps keep brush outta them spokes. All you have to figure out is the center of gravity on whatever your hauling and good to go for many pain free miles-cool tool-John

OP
OP
matrix master DBA

matrix master DBA

Jan 29, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Mxt Pro + Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the ideas..... That is one nice looking cart by gravel hog. Nice.....

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks nice gravelhog .I need to make one , a little larger . like the brakes

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Instead of building a cart I just added easily removable wheels to my 4" dredge.
Pull 3 hitch pins and all the wheels are off...... or leave em on if the water is deep enough.
(to enlarge just double click the photos)

dow1.jpg dow3.jpg

Showing the gold and diamond fluid bed "add a trap" that I made.
No gold gets past the trap :icon_thumleft:
dow2.jpg

My brother (the one with the hat) did the welding of the brackets and frame mods.
dow4.jpg

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sure like to see that dredge using a 3 inch SN and getting good gold! hint hint!:)

The 3" nozzle I got from you was for my highbanking fluid bed contraption. My 4" dredge uses a jetlog so no suction nozzle.

Here is the contraption that I needed the 3" suction nozzle for ........
fbc1.jpg fbc2.jpg

GG~

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buddy it seems that you have a endless supply of aluminium laying around at your disposal.:) nice looking!

Thanks Russ,

I buy aluminum drop from a local fabricator for the going rate of scrap :icon_thumleft:
Wish they had more available.

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread