Bazooka Gold trap

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo ST, Whites MXT and TDi,Garrett AT Pro and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How does one measure the 5 gpm to the trap on the Bazooka? I made a header out of 3 one inch diameter pvc pipes thats loosely fits over the inner tubes inside the lower part of my bazooka with a foam block at the intake opening and a garden hose fitting off the dredge pump. I have no idea how much pressure/gpm this will produce in the trap? I can always install a garden hose fitting with a tiny ball valve to adjust the flow. How does one tell when the bazooka is working right when powered by a water pump setup? And should I use a spraybar setup or Keene crashbox header or what, on the upper box?

-Tom V.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Tom,measureing 5 GPM is very simple! get your pump running into a 5 gallon bucket from a suffcient water supply.(not from a home faucet) and time it to when its full. slow up or speed up the pump to get it right! then mark the position of your throttle to know where to keep it while running that sluice.

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, this gets tricky...what I found is this. Get some couplers that will fit over the pipes, extend the pipes out (DO NOT GLUE!!!!!!!!!!) Use 90"s and tee's to connect it all together into one pipe. The use of a gate valve is preferred but a ball valve will work, just harder to dial in. Then crank your pump up to operating speed but have no water going down the sluice, just water going to the trap. Close the valve slowly until water is just trickling out of the trap. If you have to much pressure or flow you will start blowing gold out of the trap.

I cant remember the inventors name but I had many long phone calls with him getting it set up. Even though it was awesome as a dredge, the pain in setting it up every time I shut down kind of turned me off.

Gavin

Greenie
Jan 15, 2013
NW Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Lobo Tesoro, Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is my setup. in the video its running off a garden hose from a house spigot. I have since refitted it and run my 2" pump to provide the water at the claim site.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice set up

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread