Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
the stats you posted for the pump you got should work just fine for a 2 1/2 !but it may have a problem if you try to dredge to deep! look up your pumps head preasure to see what itll do!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a little ol' 2,5 it should work fine but if trash style or clear water style might be close as not close tolerance and mfgr put out bookoo bs. Make sure about GPM vs GPH as folks make that mistake quite a bit starting out. Lotza luck-John

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the P180 on my 4 inch dredge so the smaller one should work for 2.5 ??

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the stats you posted for the pump you got should work just fine for a 2 1/2 !but it may have a problem if you try to dredge to deep! look up your pumps head preasure to see what itll do!

I am running a jet and only 15ft of hose will be less than 6ft deep cant find the head pressure rating.

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It is a close tollerance centerfugal but not like a keene or proline it is 175 GPM 2" in 2" out I am necking down to 1.5" out I am running a jet not suction nozzle

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
HUMMMM? might be kinda marginal at that depth! youll probly end up with lots of plugups if you suck very much material at one time!

Thanx russau I will give it a try this weekend it was free so nothing lost if it fails the 5hp briggs is new so if nothing else I will put a p180 on it and call it done.I tried my little pump from my 2 in it is a 2.5hp trash pump.Using a suction nozzle it did ok but had to let it gulp air now and then or I would get plugups.I am hoping the jet will improve the suction.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i also use a P180 on a 6.5 H/P. Honda for my dredge and it works just fine for anything else i need water to! yep, i agree with run it and see how it does, then decide!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 in/out sounds like a Gold King pump-is it blue??? Decent pumps with good psi but not quite as good as my(used to be)favorite P-180s-- John

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
2 in/out sounds like a Gold King pump-is it blue??? Decent pumps with good psi but not quite as good as my(used to be)favorite P-180s-- John

No Hoser not a Gold King it is not a dredge pump I think it was a sprayer pump or a fire pump I thank you and russau for your help

OP
OP
okbasspro

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok got it out it works great can hardly get a rock of the nozzle.But dang its heavy 75lbs.I will use it untill the checkbook says I can get a p180.Heavy pump better than no pump now we have 2 dredges working.Just glad I can drive right to the water and float equipment where I want it

CIMG0134.jpg CIMG0128.jpg

Last edited:

heartlander27

Nov 21, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I too just acquired an amost free (case of beer) pump. Not sure what I'll do with it. It's a Waterous PB18-2515 max discharge 200 gpm, ran off an 18hp B&S. Off hand I forgot the pressure rating, but it's almost twice what an equivlent keene or proline has. The motor is shot but I know the pump should be fine. The application is about the same as your pump basspro, clear water fire booster pump. I think I'll most likely salvage the pump and sell it, to help fund a proline pump.
Whats interesting is how much pressure this thing has around 175 gpm @ 90 psi (I think) at this pressure wouldnt a guy have to move the jets on the flair closer to the nozzle. Im guessing the water would almost spray out of your flare with that much pressure??? I dont have much experience dredging so bear with me. This part of the reason I might just sell the pump and go with something I know works. Might take too much tinkering to get it to work perfectly. Id rather have a smaller pump/motor with just as much suction capability... Andy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread