Pacer Pump

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi guys, so I picked up a pump to play with for cheep... $25 It's a Briggs Stratton 3.5hp with a Pacer Pump SEB2YL E3C. Specs are this; up to 165gpm @10' tdh, 2" in/out lines and it say working pressure to 50psi.
http://static.acehardwareoutlet.com/shared/productmanuals/4162210m.pdf
So my dumb question of the day is will this pump run a 2 1/2" suction nozzle with up to 15" of hose? What should my set up be ie: 1", 1.25" or 1.5" pressure line. This is all greek to me at this point, I'm just trying to get the max out of what I have on a limited budget for now. If it matters I'm going to convert my bazooka gold trap sluice into a highbanker dredge combo.

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
yep, that is the cheap way to go and it would work. Running a 4sub with a 2 X 2 Harborfreight cheapy pump. So far so good with 10' hose. I went cheapo this year but the return is @5&$3!!!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
15' of hose is a bit much for that 3.5 pacer as 5 hp much more better. Price was right. Whatever the output is " match up to hose size and ALWAYS reduce at the nozzle as you'll be stuck using a suction nozzle to run and put the hb box in the creek to reduce lift requirements. Go with proline style hb as all others use them insipid worthless grizzly bars(made for 2 man hb) and not dredger style as everything goes adios out with the trash and requires 2 guys to run-John

OP
OP
O

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So your saying run a 2" hose and reduce down at the suction nozzle...what size of water inlet on the nozzle should I get then? 1", 1.25" or 1.5"? Could I get away with running say a 1.5" hose and reduce down to 1.25 or 1" at the nozzle?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread