Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
It was not my intent to argue the merits of this case. Given the cash strapped nature of our state, I have a feeling that they will go for the fat fine. I know of several cases that were thrown out along the San Joaquin by the DA after a plea was entered. But in all those cases they siezed the dredges and gear and many case they still after a year have not recovered their equipment. I hope the best for Vini and I made no comparison between Hefty's case and Vini's. 2 different animals. Hope you are gearing up for your new spot and can't wait to see your setup...

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
exactly my point the venue Vini has gained is not the venue to argue the merits of the dredging case and the fact that we have disproved all arguments and shown that they are asking for over mitigation......the real cases is in San Bernadino waiting on yet another stupid waiting period between hearings Vinis efforts will just cost him his gear and some cash that as he stated he doesn't have. plp is not going to help him its not what they do......Hoser will also tell you what else they dont do He..he..he....facts are facts and i am hoping as are others that the case stays in sothern california or Sacramento and not back to California. John thinks we are done for I am not so sure. but, to anyone thinking the track Vini has chosen is going to help and might do the same I suggest waiting for his final update after his final court date. Oakview I cant wait for the rain so i can set up the gear again and show off some shovel gathered color. and i look forward to my after work beers and cocky banter on this thread...............

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good luck in your case, sometimes it just takes one to make someone with influence to understand when something is wrong.

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO they didnt catch me because of this thread, the area we were in was very public, deer season opened last Saturday, sunday we got busted, DFG all over I thought the season had already opened weeks ago but it was bow season that opened first. Our location was right off the road, we asked for it i knew we'd get busted was ready to lose my stuff but i thought we'd get more then 10 minutes running, he just happened to be passing by saw our vehicle stopped POP goes the weasels.

There aren't any cases of dredgers fighting this here i know of one in oregon but i'm still doing a lot of reading on case studys, i'll be a case study you bet i have time and if needed i have some money of my own to pay a better lawyer and i dont mind because im fed up with how things are going and how we the people are being mistreated i'll be damned if i go all back to english ways, and thats how it's going and worse, so don't sit back and take the crap men, freedom isn't free....

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Vin...tell em you were getting the second half of the permit you paid full price for two years ago!!

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought that the judge had ruled against a change of venue and the case was to be heard in San Bernadino?? That is truly the only case that has any chance of changing the sutuation in Cali. As much as I can't wait to see your color, I am just as anxious to see your set up. If I rmemeber right, two pumps and some type of long tom on the end???? Let's hope for some good rain as this state is a tenderbox....

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YEAH NO SHOOT KUger LOL i never did get to dredge on that last permit and that is something i'll bring up how none of us recovered that fee, california stold that money.

OK i'm going to agree with Pville, its probably a waste of time and effort and the court/judge is gonna say blah blah blah your getting what you deserve you broke the law intentionally blah blah blah and i'm gonna say the law is flawed and its illegal and go to hell judge i'll take this to another court if you dont want to hear the argument because i have a RIGHT TO TRIAL and DUE PROCESS.

If you don't make a stand then they, whom ever is in power will make whatever changes suit them, people brake the laws alllll the time to have things brought into the light and have there case heard in court.

The citation is FGC-5653 - use of suction dredge equipment it is a misdemeanor not just an infraction, i'm in Fresno Ca, land of the not so free but still brave enough to not back down to some stupid unlawfullness handed to us on a political silver platter hehe heh........ keep it light guys this isn't no big deal and your opinions and suggestions are appreciated or you can choose to think me stupid and stay out of it and watch me burn, in the end I will have fought and maybe lost but at least i'm fighting something thats absolutely wrong and i dont mind going down for that.

Last edited:

rick.ther

Aug 7, 2005
no. cal
Detector(s) used
whites, fisher
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
YEAH NO SHOOT KUger LOL i never did get to dredge on that last permit and that is something i'll bring up how none of us recovered that fee, california stold that money.

OK i'm going to agree with Pville, its probably a waste of time and effort and the court/judge is gonna say blah blah blah your getting what you deserve you broke the law intentionally blah blah blah and i'm gonna say the law is flawed and its illegal and go to hell judge i'll take this to another court if you dont want to hear the argument because i have a RIGHT TO TRIAL and DUE PROCESS.

If you don't make a stand then they, whom ever is in power will make whatever changes suit them, people brake the laws alllll the time to have things brought into the light and have there case heard in court.

The citation is FGC-5653 - use of suction dredge equipment it is a misdemeanor not just an infraction, i'm in Fresno Ca, land of the not so free but still brave enough to not back down to some stupid unlawfullness handed to us on a political silver platter hehe heh........ keep it light guys this isn't no big deal and your opinions and suggestions are appreciated or you can choose to think me stupid and stay out of it and watch me burn, in the end I will have fought and maybe lost but at least i'm fighting something thats absolutely wrong and i dont mind going down for that.

Good for you, :headbang: you have alot of peoples attention now. It may not seem like the right way to some, but wars have been fought ( and won)on the same values.
By the way, did they take your dredge?

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good for you, :headbang: you have alot of peoples attention now. It may not seem like the right way to some, but wars have been fought ( and won)on the same values.
By the way, did they take your dredge?

I'm curious on that too. Did they confiscate dredge and equipment?
If so did you make those bstards pack it out? :laughing7:

Seems unsanely disturbing to intentionally announce to all that you are breaking the law and wanting to get caught, no matter how ridiculous the law is or the way it came to be .
Best of Luck, Vinni, hope you find what your after.

I did! :tongue3: Oh Yah! Mucho Oro! Bam!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you know Vini I'm sorry, even though I may not think your situation will help dredging (admitting I may be wrong about that) I cant say your hurting it so i really shouldnt harp on you about it, especially considering you just got cited and all. I know you were willing to give up your gear and get busted trying to help so i can live with that too. I hope it doesnt cause you huge problems and i will be following what happens and won't have anything negative to say and if it gets turned into the situation you hoped for I hope you get the support you need...again i apologize.

shepcal

Mar 19, 2003
Oakhurst,CA
Detector(s) used
modded 4500, CTX30-30, Gold Monster1000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Vini, I'm still on your side! Wish you got up a bit earlier and got more than 10 minutes in tho ;-)
Shep

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a few have been cited but dont know that anyone has fought it so this could be monumental,we will learn where we stand,and where PLP stands....Vin is the sacrificial lamb and my hats off to him for stepping up

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the time comes to plead "NOT GUILTY" , a plan to have a written statement (preferably by a "spokesman" of some sort) read on the courthouse
steps that morning, with alerts to the "media" will get the most exposure, I think. Or have I been watching Law and Order too much? What do you think?

calnatv

Mar 19, 2011
Vini, You have big kahunas my friend. Not a day goes by since the ban that I don't think about putting my dredge in the water. I'm working WAY harder now for less reward. Good for you! To bad you didn't get more time behind that nozzle

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Still searching for the right one
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oakview2 said:
Vini I was up there on Sunday, going to try and go back Saturday. Still haven't got everything cleaned up yet. PS got it all cleaned up, not much coarse stuff where we were digging,lots of pounded flat pieces, long way from the water and looooonnnng haul to the slucie. Hope to do better on Saturday....

That looks like pretty dang good day oak. Can I clean the rest. Lol.

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Still searching for the right one
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wish you the best Vini. It takes a strong man to stand up against these people. They are terrorist of our freedom, and they have taken too much already.

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks very much guys for all the best wish's, I'm going to fight I'm researching and studying and with hefty now on a particular board where a lot of research is getting done, FACTS on the law will come out as i get a chance in court, i will pay there fine but on the condition I get my due process and day in court, otherwise they can throw my butt in jail I'm going to make some stink, I will be getting a hold of local radio station here because this topic has come up several times with one of the stations radio anchor lady, ( republican radio station BTW ) she is very passionate, she discussed how the states taking away rights and one of them was gold mining, she didn't have her facts right so hoping to meet with her to discuss whats really going on and hope to get air time.... we'll see

nothing to update just trying to keep my mind on how we're going to beat this and get our mining rights and i mean every last one of that back. We all know power corrupts;
[h=1]absolute power corrupts absolutely[/h] and this stats become corrupt, what they want is unlimited power, we may as well be there slaves!!!

Thanks and much appreciation for your support.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Vini I am guessing KMJ 580 and the Inga Barks show???? Please let all the Cali folks if they decide to do a show on this in that they are 50,000 watt blow torch and can be heard throughout the state and are broadcast live on the internet. Would be nice if we could put together a bunch of callers to get the message out... Here is a link those of those in the state and can not get a clear signal or for those of you who may want to listen outside of the state....

http://www.kmj580.com/pages/main

QUOTE=vini;2948481]Thanks very much guys for all the best wish's, I'm going to fight I'm researching and studying and with hefty now on a particular board where a lot of research is getting done, FACTS on the law will come out as i get a chance in court, i will pay there fine but on the condition I get my due process and day in court, otherwise they can throw my butt in jail I'm going to make some stink, I will be getting a hold of local radio station here because this topic has come up several times with one of the stations radio anchor lady, ( republican radio station BTW ) she is very passionate, she discussed how the states taking away rights and one of them was gold mining, she didn't have her facts right so hoping to meet with her to discuss whats really going on and hope to get air time.... we'll see

nothing to update just trying to keep my mind on how we're going to beat this and get our mining rights and i mean every last one of that back. We all know power corrupts;
absolute power corrupts absolutely

and this stats become corrupt, what they want is unlimited power, we may as well be there slaves!!!

Thanks and much appreciation for your support.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Vini
What kind of land were you on when you got cited?
Your own claim...
National Forest...
State land...
Blm...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions