Prospecting
200px-CaptainobviousChooseOption.jpg

Yeah, I think this thread has taken a turn for the worst. :(

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
people think that all of us miners should work together for the common goal of protecting our rights. also we should work together for this common goal united… this is why that will never happen…… big egos… strong indivgualism makes it impossible. Russ , john and vinni are fine examples of this. people will start drawing lines and supporting one group or the other. soon we will have vinni’s group, Russ’s , john and their supporters all fighting each other and nothing getting anything done except fighting and name calling…. WAY TO GO GUY’S

Well ya know how it is, Bill. Better to run than to hide.
Hoser, not that picture again?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the insults, verbal attacks and implied cursing doesn't stop I will lock this thread down.............

Below are just some of the rules your violating here....

"Sniping, name calling, denegration and other generally negative or abusive actions are grounds for moderation. In extreme cases grounds for banning!

Keep the discussion civil, respectful and on topic.

If you disagree with another member's post, make your comments in a polite and respectful manner.

Don't attack, provoke, insult, or deliberately offend anyone.

All members are equal, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, education, or experience. Never take a superior tone with, or "talk down" to, anyone."

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MY APOLOGY'S, I'LL KEEP IT CIVIL.
:tongue3:

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are millions of dollars of motorized mining gear out there, here and around the world, and it will be used, sold, traded, and upgraded.
The freedoms in this country that are under attack boggles my mind.
I posted this on the Dredge Law Update thread. It belongs here too.

"It is a very sad situation that has been forming for years now. We the People is now under the thumb of We the Powerful, which includes the overt control of the government that is no longer for We the People. The entire world is falling backwards. It is reminiscent of the early Industrial Pre-Union era. When the Government and big business could do and take what ever they wanted in the name of Who's going to stop us.
I love my country and my people and my form of government, it's the crooked, Back stabbing, self serving Non humans We let in to Government that I hate.
Don't forget to vote.
Frank Zappa was once heard saying, and I believe it "There my not be someone to vote for, but there is always someone to vote against."

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
well it all boils down to the Constitution! the part that states," of the people,by the people,and for the people," needs to be changed to,"of the people,by the people, and for the people that get involved!"these wacoenviromentalists have every colledge kid,and socalled "representative" of ours wrapped up and involved for one reason or the other! we, small scale miners DONT! but if you dont fight for it,you dont desearve it anyway!just imagine how fast the greenies would push "theyre" aganda if we atleast didnt fight to stop them........................people complain but dont want to get involved in what it takes to stop them greenies!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am fighting on several fronts right now,one to retain my heritage and right to hunt,one to retain my right to trap,one to retain my right to own guns,one to retain my right to own a fricken Gamechicken!Then to dredge...basically my right to live....have been fighting for going on 15 years and ya know,I am starting to get get tired

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to mention the right to use dogs on hunts - BUMMER x 10:BangHead:

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to mention the right to use dogs on hunts - BUMMER x 10:BangHead:

Yep,we got the carpet pulled out from under us on that one....two of the "good guys",that were supposed to vote our side received last minute phone calls and caved....real nice what politics are....who grease's the hand...not what is right.In the end this ban will make my business boom.......bears will need to be controlled,one way or another

bill-costa rica

Sep 19, 2010
playa samara
Detector(s) used
sd2100 infinium ls, 10 inch dredge
the green movement has perception on their side. save the earth is good and mining is bad. everyone wants the earth to be a good and safe place to live. people that are voting the green lobby are very under educated on what they are even voting for. they just want to do good. doesn’t everyone ?

if you Google cyanide this is what you get. always the worst possible

CYANIDE: The Gold Mine's Killing Device!

now Google open pit mining

open pit mining - Google Search

placer miming

gold mining central America

this is what we are up against. the green movement is well situatated. it never shows anything good about mining only the worst and a lot of it is out of date and down rite lies. many videos of suction dredging show dead fish around a suction dredge. all dredgers know that this is a lie. Joe blow citizen doesn’t have a clue what the truth is, but again the perception that mining is bad wins out. they have been telling the lies for so many years I don’t think the greenie know what the truth is. I have no idea how to combat this . not only is mining at risk but all outdoor activities are. hunting, fishing, logging trapping many peoples way of life. recreational motor sports *quads and motor cycles even mountain bikes*. you name it. if you do it on public land it will be banned. we are becoming a world of watchers and not doers.

Last edited:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post Bill,and the fact that only the bad is only ever given on such subjects is dead on...everytime,just like leghold traps,everybody(including many who should know better)thinks they are brutal and cruel,actually if somebody was to actually educate themselves and look into what traps are used these days,they would see the truth,same goes with bear hunting with hounds,and many on here that should know better are against it too...fact is...the Government Hunters will continue to use dogs because it is the most sane and selective method of control...but people just listen to the propaganda and not facts...I say again many people right here on this very forum.Everybody wants to fight amongst each other though....really sad what it has come to and simple looking into fact can do

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I NOW HAVE A CLAIM ON THE LAND I WAS GIVEN MY CITATION ON, I'M FOLLOWING THE LAWS LETS SEE WHAT THE GREAT STATE OF CALIFORNIA HAS TO SAY ABOUT THAT.

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Mining Act establishes a system whereby a prospector can “go out into the public domain, search for minerals and upon discovery establish a claim to the lands upon which the discovery was made.” United States v. CurtisNevada Mines, Inc., 611 F.2d 1277, 1281 (9th Cir.1980).

30 U.S.C. § 22. The Supreme Court has stated that the Congressional intent underlying this section is to reward and encourage the discovery of economically valuable minerals located on public lands. United States v. Coleman, 390 U.S. 599, 602, 88 S.Ct. 1327, 20 L.Ed.2d 170 (1968). Congress has further provided that the “locators” of mineral deposits on federal lands under § 22 shall have the exclusive right to extract those minerals if they comply with federal law and state and local laws that do not conflict with federal law. See 30 U.S.C. § 26. The Mining Act establishes a system whereby a prospector can “go out into the public domain, search for minerals and upon discovery establish a claim to the lands upon which the discovery was made.” United States v. CurtisNevada Mines, Inc., 611 F.2d 1277, 1281 (9th Cir.1980).

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just a side note, I was detained for an hour and a half today while panning on national parks land.
I had the year round park permit displayed in my window and the year round gold panning permit, still they felt that they needed to make me half an hour late to pick up my daughter from school.
I had a quartz gold specimen the size of a large marble that they took from me and said that I could only take gold from the creek and they threw it into the middle of the creek.

I was patted down, stripped of everything but my shirt, shoes and pants and they took my equipment and car keys to put in their truck.

Of course after they blew almost two hours on running my ID, talking to eachother, laying down the LAW to me and just making me hate them more they let me go on my happy little way.

A total WTF moment.

Good luck Vini, we need more fighters in this.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I should also mention that I saw them bother another panner just up the creek from me, that guy left right away but they didnt bother him as long as they did me.
I really have no clue as to a legitimate reason why they held me for so long and treated me the way they did as I paid my dues to be 100% legal in this park till June of next year.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
You have to have a permit to pan?????? Given the way that you were treated, I would call their office and register a complaint, and file a claim against the property they siezed and threw back in the creek. They stepped way over the boundries of law, and for whatever reason, decided they were going to shake you down, probably to intimidate others. Hefty posted a great link to a legal forum yesterday that we could all benefit from. americanmininglawforum.myfastforum.org :: Index. What they did you was a abuse of power. They have appointed themselves the ruling class in direct conflict with the rule of law. Good hunting and good health....

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
National Park? wich one and what did they say about your permit. I know any prospecting is off limits in some parks? But, they make you get a permit and then tell you no. what a joke! Was it a N.P.S. L.E.O. or D.F.G.? On what grounds did they detain and search you? Did you get names and badge numbers? Fellas when this happens document it.Ii carry a pen and small tablet always. Imagine how they feel when you write down their names and badge number. so strange how things have changed in the past few years and how different L.E.O.'s act differently. We were dredging in '08 just outside of Placerville. we were at the same spot Mon thru Fri. same turnout for a month and a half same truck. One day iI was walking back up to grab some gear we dropped next to the road. I looked up and theres a White Jeep Cherokee and a Sheriffs Deputy looked like a bike cop shorts polo shirt light duty gunbelt. I was thinking Oh Crap! I hollared from down on the Hillside Good Morning, he hadn't seen me yet. I got a friendly good morning back. He said some one reported this truck abandoned, I told him we were dredging there five days a week and we both agreed that it was most likely someone going to and from work that had seen the truck enough to report it. He said he would log it so we wouldn't be bothered again, and he left with a wish of good luck and actually said he hoped we were getting good color as we were in a good spot. HE NEVER EVEN ASKED FOR I.D. nor did he approach me or ask me to come up out of the brush. the same spot is the only place I have ever had a run in with D.F.G The guy laughed cause he scared me I had my face in the water and was in the zone, didn't here him until the third "Excuse me" the last thing i expected was to roll over and see the Jolly Geen Giant standing over me. Yes you can JUMP while laying in the creek he was genuinly amused and very friendly. He checked our permits we chatted for like 20 minutes and he left wishing us luck. he didn't even ask us about our firearms. I wish all of our run ins were like these two.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread