Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup, it is only $1 dollar to buy the permit but it is a $250 dollar fine if you dont have it!
We bought it before we even started finding gold because we thought it would be fun for the girls.

I was warned by a couple locals that they are like that so I am not the first.
I plan on doing something about it, people should not be treated this way ESPECIALLY when you have all the proper permits in hand.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....permits dont mean anything...I still have a half used dredge permit!!!!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
pville it was whiskeytown, I know the rules up there but for one they never mentioned and was not mentioned on the back of my prospecting card, NO METAL DETECTORS! x_x
They said if I am even caught going through the park on the highway with one that they can take it and anything else that I am not suppose to have there.

They made me read the back of the card and when I didnt say what they thought I was going to say they then read it and said "Well it doesnt say it here but we have a NO MD rule up here, we dont need you people making holes for people to fall into."

Now here is the kicker though, I had my Goldbug broken down and in my pack, wasnt even using it.
I had used it in an in creek hole when I first got there, found a rusty screw and I told them that but I also said after that I put it away because I didnt want to run the risk of dropping it in the water.

Sorry for the threadjack Vini, I thought it would relate a litle bit though.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buncha crap sorry Neo. I also don't wanna get on another subject in your thread Vini. Keep it up By the way. I hope you are getting the support you need.

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE PARK RANGERS ARE PROBABLY THE WORST THEY THINK THERE ABOVE GOD IN THOSE PARKS.

I'd file a complaint against them, that's absolute harassment, they threw away gold that was found panning? did they actually see you metal detecting or was it when they searched your vehicle that they found it?

Superintendent
Jim F. Milestone
Park Headquarters
(530) 242-3400 Fax (530) 246-5154
Park Ranger Dispatch Office
(530) 242-3431

I'd call and have a talk to that guy and maybe mention suing there butts if he gets unreasonable.

This is all i found as far as mining goes on there website
Gold panning
Recreational gold panning is permitted
in the park. A valid annual gold panning
permit is required for all persons 17 and
older. Gold panning regulations, as well
as the $1 annual permit, can be obtained
at the visitor center.

They make it seem like a nice place sounds like the Gestapo are running it and probably very likely a bunch of nazienvironmentalist.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was against a mass post ban dredging outing protest and have stated my reasons, However this place is issuing permits and L.E.O.s are harrasing permit holders.....I know you are north of Sactown But, have you heard of call Curtiss? and what if ten to fifteen guys headed out to pan in one spot all holding permits and someone happens to have a video camera?What if we start out documenting it and get it on tape? Why the Hell would they issue a permit then stop people from enjoying the activity you need a permit for what total horsepuckey. This crap irks me to no end such waste and power abuse. As Neo and I have said we do not want to distract this thread so do we start another? Maybe this is a small chance for atleast a dozen of us to orginize for this one small battle.Is there anyone else here with simalar experiences. I know they didn't/couldn't ticket you neo I am still interested in what they said was their grounds for detaining you man....what did they say? And are these state or federal employees?

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks vini, I will give Jim a call.

Pville I have not heard of call Curtiss before.

I had two things in my bag that they said I was not allowed to have, the MD and an Estwing brick hammer (Flat pickside) that I wasnt using, it is always in my bag though, its part of my pack that I take everywhere and it is my only self defense from a bear or cougar. Of course they wouldnt buy that so I didnt bother to mention thats why I leave it in my pack when I am up there.

If several of us got together we would need a permit to gather otherwise they would ticket us for that.
I honestly dont know how things would turn out but they did say they are cracking down on all prospectors.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea i read up on the rules no tools classifers etc. hands and pans....it doesn't say no detectors though that i found... Thats what i mean get permits and see what happens.... how is it ok to search you to see if you have something forbidden???? and as far as not being able to drive through with a detector omg....what if you are an out of state/area tourist in an R.V. man screw whiskeytown.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its a federal park Russau, and the vote hasn't changed here in years furthermore that county is very "RED"...and beyond that detectorists and prospectors and outdoor type people aren't only Republican......its the people of this country that do what they do, even politicians were once just "Public" I am sure in the center "RED" heart of this country fellas have the same type of issues. Its more about those with the powere abusing it. I hope this isn't getting too political for the mods. and maybe this specifiv discussion should have its own thread at this point.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....if you look at the map of Cali...its majority Red....except for the high pop areas

Gravel Hog

Dec 11, 2010
N. Cal - Born & Raised
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Black and "Blue" is what we got.... there was a time in history when the half that didn't like the way things were going took on the other half by force and started anew.
And it has worked for hundreds of years but it just might be time for history to repeat itself as it is said it to happen.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
History does repeat it self and Mexico is fixin to take Calif back....now they are demanding Obama Owes em?Owe em what?They are here illegally....yes here illegal and they were able to vote

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys get off topic all you want, cheap shot russau, i voted republican all the way voted agaisnt ANYTHING that wanted money prop 30 passed here californians voted for more taxes LOL just shows how stupid people are here, this state is now majority low income ( guess what that means middle class now days ) , no jobs,l welfare all over nothing but hand outs, mostly hispanic and illiterate, alot of liberal environmentalists, its a sad state billions indebt ........i could go on.

I have a paralegal thats gonna help i'm hoping, new update on my deal , guys talk about whatever comes up :)

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only U.S. citizens have the right to vote. are you saying a bunch of Illegal imigrants voted this election and that is why Obama won? Even Rush this morning pointed out it is less about demographics and more about how many eligable voters didn't vote. democrats 10 million less then last time around and republicans 4 million less. also there have been numerous times in mans history that a certain group didn't like something and tried to force their ideals by taking up arms or take what they wanted by force and they were defeated and a lot of innocent people just end up dead. In fact if you really study history it shows over and over civilizations that follow such doctrine do not last very long. what you are talking about is actually civil war and in no way a revolution and maybe you should look at your wife children and family and decide if it is really the course of action this great nation should go through.......because if you pay attention to history at all you would realize that once the shooting starts most of the reasons for it are totally irrellavent to the people doing the shooting and the people getting killed!!!!!! you guys have been around longer than me and I expect a lot more maturity and respect for eachother than this...you are talking about hurting your fellow countrymen because they are different then you....it goes against everything this country stands for i am not saying i like the things that are happening and the political/government situation is less than ideal so if you dont like it go pick a fight with the government and stop blaming it on people who truth be told are mostly ignorant sheep. The revolution some so sickly hope for is not going to happen....and if such a thing were to take place and destabilize our country such as it would your Descendents will be learning Chinese and probablly by FORCE......what a shame

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only U.S. citizens have the right to vote. are you saying a bunch of Illegal imigrants voted this election and that is why Obama won? Even Rush this morning pointed out it is less about demographics and more about how many eligable voters didn't vote. democrats 10 million less then last time around and republicans 4 million less. also there have been numerous times in mans history that a certain group didn't like something and tried to force their ideals by taking up arms or take what they wanted by force and they were defeated and a lot of innocent people just end up dead. In fact if you really study history it shows over and over civilizations that follow such doctrine do not last very long. what you are talking about is actually civil war and in no way a revolution and maybe you should look at your wife children and family and decide if it is really the course of action this great nation should go through.......because if you pay attention to history at all you would realize that once the shooting starts most of the reasons for it are totally irrellavent to the people doing the shooting and the people getting killed!!!!!! you guys have been around longer than me and I expect a lot more maturity and respect for eachother than this...you are talking about hurting your fellow countrymen because they are different then you....it goes against everything this country stands for i am not saying i like the things that are happening and the political/government situation is less than ideal so if you dont like it go pick a fight with the government and stop blaming it on people who truth be told are mostly ignorant sheep. The revolution some so sickly hope for is not going to happen....and if such a thing were to take place and destabilize our country such as it would your Descendents will be learning Chinese and probablly by FORCE......what a shame

Pville....I am not saying that the election was won by illegal votes but I am saying that I know for fact that ID's were not checked at my polling place and its hersey but talk on the local news has been illegals were allowed to vote and were bragging......
That and this......
http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/w.../real-reason-obama-got-elected#commentsthread

Last edited:

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry guys, been super sick with the flu, still not 100% but I might try to go hike in Swasey today.

As far as voter turn out goes, my wife thinks that HAARP was used to create Superstorm Sandy to curb voting on the east coast.
I just googled it and it seems there are thousands that are pondering the same thing.
Though Pres. Obama got 33 more than needed on the electoral vote.

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obama 61,173,739 or 50.5%
Romney 58,167,260 or 48.0%.

It was very very close, it's done and now we'l see what gets done the next 4 years and how things transpire, presidents don't make much happen people will make changes needed, hopefully government doesn't stand in the way of that.

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There won't be any civil wars every ones to broke to buy guns or ammunition........... but it might be a good time for mexico to take back california, they wouldn't get to much of a fight with all the pannsy environmentalist we have here :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread