Detector(s) used
MXT

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#1--dredge size is measured by the inside of the hose --you have a 6". Single 18hp briggs ic tech engine is a great engine. Have it rebuilt if possible as 23 is indeed much overkill,shaft size too big also?? You are talking low dome/ high dome pumps. To know which ,you must measure inside the pump housing and the impeller dimensions to ascertain. If engine is bad why are you thinking of messing with pump?? Have you ran the thing when the engine was running right and what makes ya think the engine is bad?? The engine/pump combo is good on a 6" with 30' of hose in 30' of water depth,and will flat out hurt ya. I have posted pix on best find thread in gold prospecting forum to looksee ifn' ya want. What brand dredge--box type-floatation??John

Chris In W Georgia

Oct 25, 2004
Hi need some help I bought a 7" dredge with a 3x4 with a BAD 18hp single engine I have Two questions One how is the sucking power with a single 18hp should I move up to a 23HP ? Two What pump do I have the P350L or P350S I looked in the 3" and I can see a gap on both sides is that the P350L if so can I swap out impeller.
Thank You
Gringo

What dredge do you have? I run a 6" Keene w/ 18hp Briggs w/ a P350 600gal pump,twin jet and use a 1 1/2" fire hose and reduce it to 1/2"at the blaster. I run this setup just over idle because of the 3 stage box being only 20" wide, the motor & pump setup works great and the only downfall is the weight of the motor pump & 263. Its easy to tell which pump you have,just look in the intake of the pump and the 600 gal impeller will be twice as thick as the regular p350 pump. If you want an awesome blaster, build a Y out of 2" pipe and put it in one of the 2" pressure hoses (if your running a twin jet) and take a ballvalve and a few fittings and reduce down to the size of ur choice. I use 1/2" about 6" long. with this blaster you better hold on for ur life if you open the valve 100%, I never open more than half way,it also makes a good pry bar with an instant burst of water!!!!

Attachments

• 600gal pump.jpg
    600gal pump.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 380
  • p350.jpg
    p350.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 189
OP
OP
G

Gringo72

Jul 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT
Hi John
I have a dahlke Dash 7” it has a cracked engine block have not got to try it out yet it came with a Keene pump. I was looking at the top impeller where the water exits the 3" and seen that it is worn at a fand seen that it worn at a angle and was thinking they may be straight when new. I seen keene used a 23hp I thought with the same pump?

Thanks for the help

OP
OP
G

Gringo72

Jul 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT
Hi Chris

I have a dahlke Dash 7” Thanks for the pics looks like the same. I was thinking to put in a blaster that now its a Must !!!

Thank You

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
7" is indeed strange as never seen one in my life and NOT a popular size. Dredge hose purt' near impossible on wierd sizes. Anyhow yes it sure sounds like a beat up mess. I'd send keene the impeller and ask for a match. Only thing is though, if the impeller is that munched up the housing must be trashed also. See the georgia pic,compare for impeller quality. Bummer is a single pic beats a 1,000,000 words as sure wish ya could post,emal,pm a pic or pics of all internal parts. Block broken WOW never ever seen that either. Sounds like that dredge got no love in it's life. If pump does NOT have precast blaster nozzle hose bib on the output side you do NOT have the bigger pump but the smaller ones as the monster was only made with the outlet and with none proves made prior to introduction of the larger models....John

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 18 will work fine with the Keene P350S, Plenty of power. Do you have clear hose or are you running the steel? That's a great dredge, Terry Stapp swears by his, says he'll never run an 8" again. Still I like the 8" but I admit that 7" is sweet.

OP
OP
G

Gringo72

Jul 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
MXT
Hi Reed
I have the clear 7"hose it took sometime to find one but i have it Now :headbang: I have rebuilt everything and did some mods and now its on its way to Ecuador.
Thanks for the reassurance on the 18Hp :icon_thumleft: Do you know if Terry Stapp is on treasurenet it?
Take Care
Gringo

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can contact him through Keene I'm sure. He still makes a lot of products for them. He used to sell gold on ebay but I haven't looked at gold there in a long time. His always stuck out because it has a pink back ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread