Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mmm, He may have but thats odd that he would just delete his profile.
Oh well. :(

Rick60

Oct 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purposely do not own a Keene dredge I built my own because the guys at Keene are such dickheads, you purchase a product from them and they act like you are some sort of leper! You can actually move alot of gravel with that small dredge and recover more gold in a day than I can in a week with my highbanker, not only do you have to pack the highbanker in to the mining site but once you get there the hard work starts! breaking loose enough gravels with a pick to shovel into your highbanker about 2-3 yards aday but with your small dredge you can do that in about an hour, and a 10 hour day can be very profitable. Have you tried retrofitting your own angle adjustment tool, make one yourself that works on your dredge it cannot be that hard. :occasion14:

Utduder

Oct 12, 2012
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There goes my chances of a new prospecting buddy... To bad. Few an far between in Utah .

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purposely do not own a Keene dredge I built my own because the guys at Keene are such dickheads, you purchase a product from them and they act like you are some sort of leper! You can actually move alot of gravel with that small dredge and recover more gold in a day than I can in a week with my highbanker, not only do you have to pack the highbanker in to the mining site but once you get there the hard work starts! breaking loose enough gravels with a pick to shovel into your highbanker about 2-3 yards aday but with your small dredge you can do that in about an hour, and a 10 hour day can be very profitable. Have you tried retrofitting your own angle adjustment tool, make one yourself that works on your dredge it cannot be that hard. :occasion14:
Boat-Dock-Fenders-and-Bumpers.jpg

"boat fender"

spoofman

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2011
Detector(s) used
whites gold bug
There goes my chances of a new prospecting buddy... To bad. Few an far between in Utah .

I am in Utah and go about every weekend i can. I do go up AF quit a bit, but it is seasonal up there. It is small gold but lots of it...I spend alot of time trying to separate it at home but it has been fun.....i am not part of any club so do not have access to some of the better areas, but i am finding gold. I do look for someone to go with me just to help if anything. We always come out with something. I have a 2 1/2 dredge and a couple of sluice boxes. I can run a lot of material through my dredge but cant do that and have the other sluices getting gold too. That is where some help could be used. I have more equipment than i can run. If you are still around come July 1st lets get together...i am always looking for a buddy as well. I have offered to many others but they always "have other plans". I used to live in Davis county but now am in Utah. Could always look to go somewhere else in interest was there or someone to go with.

Utduder

Oct 12, 2012
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Davis county but am game for anything . I have built a homemade sluice an Have 1 pan. I would love to join you. Do u have any pics of the gold you have found cause I have found some but if is so small.

spoofman

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2011
Detector(s) used
whites gold bug
I live in Davis county but am game for anything . I have built a homemade sluice an Have 1 pan. I would love to join you. Do u have any pics of the gold you have found cause I have found some but if is so small.
i find mostly flour gold myself. i do find a picker every now and again. AF has a lot of gold but is it all small. I will see if i can take some pics and get them on here

Utduder

Oct 12, 2012
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be awesome to see what there is for me to find. Lol I would love to find a picker. I think what it comes down to is I really need to get out with some folks. I think I'm gonna look into NUPA an see about an outing to see what they are all about.

Hubolds

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Utduder and Spoofman - howdy. First post here. Live in UT county, been up AF canyon with my teenage son who is keen on this. We are looking at the 2 inch backpack as a Xmas present to ourselves. Would love to go with someone who knows what they are doing.
1. Trying to decide between the Keene backpack or Proline?
2. Ran into a guy up there who was preparing for a week up there this year with his buddies. Said last year they carved out big hole in the gulch over a week. Came out with 9 oz.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear that the Proline folks are good to deal with, very helpful with new prospectors.
Opposite of the management at Keene.

GG~

Utduder

Oct 12, 2012
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am super new to this but if that guy found 9 oz in 1 week here in utah on public land...... Well then I'm Santa and will bring you a new backpack dredge for Christmas! In all seriousness though I'm definitely ready to go out with some guys to learn the ropes.

Hubolds

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you that it could be a fish tale, but he did say it's a crew of people, and they dredge / highbank a huge hole by the time the week is done. Hopefully they backfill it.
We'll be up there in the summer. Would like to go somewhere warmer during the winter to try it out. Don't fancy paying the $$ and having to sit 6 months...

Hubolds

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Utduder, when you say you can only go July thru october for prospecting, you mean dredging, right?

I'm not aware of any law against putting a pan in the water anytime I want.

Hubolds

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In fact, no permit needed to prospect like sluicing, only to operate a dredge is my understanding.

spoofman

Tenderfoot
Sep 28, 2011
Detector(s) used
whites gold bug
In fact, no permit needed to prospect like sluicing, only to operate a dredge is my understanding.

the recreational permit as issued by the State of Utah includes sluice boxes. Does not include panning. So my guess you can pan but dont move anything through a sluice box including a dredge. without it. I call in advance even before going up there and let them know where and what i am doing just in case. the numbers to call are part of the application.

as far as the guy that went up and dredged for a week....I have seen alot of big holes and wondered how long it would take to do such and this now explains it. They do not fill in the whole as they are obvious where they have worked. Nine ounces.....i must be doing something wrong.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread