Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can call Keene about it but I have heard that they dont help much but that is just inernet here-say so it is worth a call. :)

maverick41950

Jun 18, 2012
NC-Piedmont area and only an hour away from fine c
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had the 4" Ultra before my current full size 4". I normally ran 2 1/2-3" drop and it did very well. Drop was checked after 10 minutes or so of dredging so it would have some weight in it before setting. I went to the full size to get the 3 Stage Box and after 20 or so times using it, I like it better.

Bryan

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Everytime i had to call Keene for info they explained it to me completely! ive never had a problem getting ahold of them or getting the info ive needed!

OP
OP
M

mazzy74

Jun 27, 2012
maverick41950 said:
I had the 4" Ultra before my current full size 4". I normally ran 2 1/2-3" drop and it did very well. Drop was checked after 10 minutes or so of dredging so it would have some weight in it before setting. I went to the full size to get the 3 Stage Box and after 20 or so times using it, I like it better.

Bryan

I appreciate it Bryan I thought about the normal 4 but it's portability isnt as good as the ultra mini. And like I said its just me so portability was a big factor. I coulda got the 3 with air but I heard the 4 just was a monster with material and I wanted to spend time diving so I got the 4 ultra mini with air

Bryan how full was your throttle at that kind of drop

maverick41950

Jun 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I always ran at roughly 80% wide open. Anything less and I had too much build up. I am picking up a Tiny Tack today to put on my Honda. I have a line scratched but I prefer to be a little more precise than that. :dontknow: I know what you mean about portability. I put a winch on my trailer last week. My 62 year old back just ain't what it used to be.:BangHead:

Bryan

OP
OP
M

mazzy74

Jun 27, 2012
I had a lot of build up as well and I probably blew whatever I had right out. I took it to a vastly used swimming hole but I know I wasn't down in the really good stuff although I did pick some sinkers and hooks out. I also figured I blew it out cuz the sinkers I found were pretty big.

It woulda been harder to get my dredge there but I had my gfs 2 kids pulling it. I should get an atv... And a truck... Yeah. I haul it on my challenger

image-3597839749.jpg

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It woulda been harder to get my dredge there but I had my gfs 2 kids pulling it. I should get an atv... And a truck... Yeah. I haul it on my challenger

Maybe even a small pull-trailer could work for you.....saves the paint on the Challenger.....
Gold Nuggets :hello:

OP
OP
M

mazzy74

Jun 27, 2012
Well I was thinking about that. My paint was messed up from a deer accident already. It's finally gonna go in to the body shop so I should preserve it lol

maverick41950

Jun 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had a lot of build up as well and I probably blew whatever I had right out. I took it to a vastly used swimming hole but I know I wasn't down in the really good stuff although I did pick some sinkers and hooks out. I also figured I blew it out cuz the sinkers I found were pretty big.

View attachment 709105
Oh, the stuff I could say.8-) But, this is a family forum and I would probably get my a$$ kicked off of here. NEVER seen a rig hauled around on a fine ride like that.:occasion14:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your setup changes every time you move to new location. Different gold type changes the way you need to setup and run. You should be taking a test-pan of your tailings every hour or so to see if you are losing anything.

OP
OP
M

mazzy74

Jun 27, 2012
Thanks for the advice. I'm all about learning more and more every day

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh you poor unfortunate soul! (To the Challenger)

Not even a blanket to protect the paint! :(

I dont care how bad my Gold Fever gets, I would not be using my prized Mopar roof for a dredge hauler!

like said before, get a hide away hitch put in and a cheap dolly or something but PLEASE Spare the Mopar! :(

At least tell us if you found gold. :D

View attachment 709105

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, looking at your pic, it makes sense. Just lift one end of the dredge onto the hood and then ssslllliiiiidddddeeee it up onto the roof.

OK, how many just cringed when they read that?

OP
OP
M

mazzy74

Jun 27, 2012
I go from the trunk up not the hood. Don't forget the little scrapey sounds on the bottom from dirt still on the pontoons

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I started it, but I can't stand the thought! :icon_pale::crybaby2: I know what the bed of my truck looks like from sliding my dredge in and out (complete with river sand and gravel).

OP
OP
M

mazzy74

Jun 27, 2012
Well that's what the roof of a 2010 challenger looks like. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread