That's gona get old fast
Try welding a small loop out 1/4 round stock or just a cross over your nozzle
What size dredge r u running?

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, it's a bad idea. Choke it to no less than 3", 3½ is fine & standard with 4" dredges. If you are clogging in the nozzle a lot then it's because you are using a suction nozzle correct? Not a powerjet. Take a hammer & tap it a little farther closed if needed. The rocks get spun in the 45° bend & this causes it to plug. I run with a finger in the nozzle when needed to feel the rocks before they go in. Put in 2 if you really are clogging up a lot.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Russ :) That's Gene's (Walrat) dredge. When we all split up in Wyoming after dredging in Colorado, this is where I went after meeting up with you guys last summer.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i would have liked to do something with you but after getting setup and then the fire and have to rush out of D.C. we were whooooped! that trip cost me $2000. not a good return on the $$$!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions