Underflow sluice or traditional moss mat/ripple sluice

BajaBum

Tenderfoot
Dec 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings to all,

Open question to anyone who has an opinion on the matter. I am a beginner gold prospector and have decided to purchase a sluice. I did a lot of research on the internet, checked out more than few YouTube videos and had decided on purchasing a Keene A52 sluice, that is until I looked into the underflow sluices. Off hand, I would say they (underflows) appear much easier to operate.

I sure would like to hear the pros and cons of this sluice.

Thank you in advance...

walldo

Jun 18, 2012
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Mine lab x terra 305
I am also new this summer to prospecting. I started with the jobe sluice and a bunch of other stuff. I went out with a friend who has the bazooka gold trap. We processed a lot of material and did ok. That outing convinced me to buy a super prospector from bazooka gold trap. A little expensive, but no classifying required. You will be able to move a lot more material and find more gold.

OP
OP
B

BajaBum

Tenderfoot
Dec 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am also new this summer to prospecting. I started with the jobe sluice and a bunch of other stuff. I went out with a friend who has the bazooka gold trap. We processed a lot of material and did ok. That outing convinced me to buy a super prospector from bazooka gold trap. A little expensive, but no classifying required. You will be able to move a lot more material and find more gold.

Thanks Waldo, I will take a look at the bazooka products too, but tell what you think about that underflow sluice. Sounds like it would be pretty easy going with that thing. Have to classify down to a 1/4 inch though...

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
On a dredge i personally perfer a 3stage or underflow that is adjustable because the curent of the river your in changes
Everything about how your box works so the adjustable part is important
I don't stream sluice thou
I have friends that dredge next to me with proline equipment and they don't do as we'll but its not a huge difference in a single day I would worry more about where you r working that can make a huge difference
Then worry about the small stuff later

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think BajaBum may be referring to the gate trap sluice from Grumpy Prospector that he calls the underflow sluice.
Grumpy Prospector Home

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread