Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you can tell the grow ops, by garbage on the forest service roads.

Sameful

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Article ties illegal growers to rise in medical use. Not sure how state handles distribution but a quality legally grown product would seem to be important.

While on a side note,when introduced here,( and not by going through all proper channels,) the introduction of coho to the great lakes resulted in coho fever! It was pretty exciting. while they were credited with a rapid reduction of dead and dying alewives on the beaches it was timing of other factors that caused their reduction also.

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Article ties illegal growers to rise in medical use. Not sure how state handles distribution but a quality legally grown product would seem to be important.

While on a side note,when introduced here,( and not by going through all proper channels,) the introduction of coho to the great lakes resulted in coho fever! It was pretty exciting. while they were credited with a rapid reduction of dead and dying alewives on the beaches it was timing of other factors that caused their reduction also.

Great point Rel,that has become the excuse for the Mtn grows is that they are shutting down the stores that cater to the Med need user's........with a "card",which is a flyin joke pretty much anybody can have a certain amount of plants.Its become a real joke.Its just funny that most of the tree hugger's"partake"....interesting to see it in print that there precious plant is causing destruction too.The Cartel grows are the worst but the big white trash grows are just as bad.Its flat dangerous to go trompin around here in the summer

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Remember.... not too many years ago, when pot growing and selling was illegal EVERYWHERE.... yet you still had to pay federal taxes on any sales?? I wonder if they will also make the sellers put the same HAZARD lables on it like they do for cigaretts. " WARNING: choking hazard... as in pay the cartels their cut or you get CHOKED!" TTC

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great point Rel,that has become the excuse for the Mtn grows is that they are shutting down the stores that cater to the Med need user's........with a "card",which is a flyin joke pretty much anybody can have a certain amount of plants.Its become a real joke.Its just funny that most of the tree hugger's"partake"....interesting to see it in print that there precious plant is causing destruction too.The Cartel grows are the worst but the big white trash grows are just as bad.Its flat dangerous to go trompin around here in the summer
Same as them Great Smokey's,lived in them Mtns. 6 seasons.

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I worked in the Emerald tri-angle and the Big Sur Coast.....some of themost active weed areas in the world......the small grows,I got to know....even me being a Gov. employee.They trusted me that I wasnt there to dis rupt them and turn them in,and I never did.....saved my life more than once too.They warned me who had what booby trapped and where not to go,but how to get to where I needed to.The mexicans on the other hand would kill ya,no be friending them.Now with the Medical MJ. it seems everybody is out to rob the growers so they all are out to kill,and the boobies are what scare me.I have seen some straight outta Nam

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
And yet our state government spends are enforcement resources ticketing dredgers. Go figure...:BangHead:

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And yet our state government spends are enforcement resources ticketing dredgers. Go figure...:BangHead:
...and spend the whole spring summer and fall playing GI Joe,eradicating grows...but never catch anybody!! Totally abandoning the job my hunting lisc. dollars pay them to do,protecting wildlife.....right the Mongs(sp)are poaching the bejesus out of our deer.....they wont do a damn thing about it!

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Was cutting wood about five years ago, noticed a van full of south east asians pass on a forest service road. About fifteen minutes later heard a shot. Saw the same van come back by about 40 minutes later. Heavily squatting. Jumped in the truck and they had shot and bucthered a cow, not far off the road. Called the authorities, only one road in and out. Couldn't get them interested in doing anything. Lady kept asking me, are you sure it wasn't a deer. I told her, lady I grew up on a cattle ranch and seen hundreds of head butchered. That used to be a hanging defense, probably still should be....

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It has its place, not everyone that uses this drug or grows it for medical use should be torn down and thrown into the mix of these disgusting people that abuse the law and our lands.
I know several people first hand who use this in small non-rec amounts to treat everything from pain problems to depression, this is a very effective medicine and should not be tagged as an evil because of the greed of man.

Just for the record, I am Pro prop-215 but I am against the people that abuse the system and lands.

Who am I? I am a guy that has never drank a drop of booze in his life let alone smoke pot but I am smart enough to research and know when something is good or bad.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't care for the killing of the fisher, when I see a fisher when I'm out in the U.P forest. I thank my heavenly Father for such a beautiful animal
and the greatest feeling
that I was the luck-est person on the planet at that moment. then I thank my gram-pa for shooing him my way for the look gramp's was my hunting mentor of my youth....
your a loud two fisher a year with a fur harvester license up here in upper peninsula of michigan.
the poor things....

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kuger.... That's Hmong, I believe. I can't speak for them after 1969, but they helped us kick alot of communist asses. Fearless! TTC

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neo,you are absolutly right,it is extremely beneficial to those that truly need it.I have a brother in law that leaches off the system and has a card who doesnt need it,thats all he does is sit around and smoke dope and live off the tax payers and tell every body that they owe him.I have a very good freind that has to have it to walk,he is very considerate of those around when he uses....I cant have it around me.My employer has a zero tolerance and even second hand I am tested and fired.Last year we were at a public function.My wife was pregnant,and my 6 year old daughter,and me.The people in front of us decided to fire up a Bong!!!I asked them politly to go else where when I was told to go F-Myself,they had a card and I could leave!!!!I am not known for having a long fuse and was about to make a real spectacle when this big biker dude came flying by and grabbed the guy holding the bong around the throat,and informed him that he had better put it away and that it was people like him that made it hard for peoplethat really needed it.There was a big applause. As long as there is a mentality like there is,and there are random drug tests for jobs like mine,and Class A drivers lisc. like there should,I dont see how its going to work?We left there and I smelled like skunk weed.What if I had got pulled over that night on the way home?Likely would have my vehicle searched and my family put out?

Liftloop,Calif used to have a thriving Fischer population,and I can honestly say I have never seen one here!I have trapped two in Montana,and seen quite a few there.Very awesome animal.I had no idea they were killing them too

Terry,yes,I had a brain fart!!I have heard of there tenacity but they brought there ways with them and they have no respect for our wildlife.They used stolen tennis nets to string across the sloughs in the Delta to gill net Stripers,they climbed up and robbed all of the Wood duck nesting box's,they poach hundreds of lbs of abalone,they were recently caught gill netting thousands of fish at Hogan,and are hammering our deer herds right now to market the meat,they kill anything that moves,squirrels and all!Nothing is safe.If that was a "white",person we would be in prison...rightfully so

ncclaymaker

Aug 26, 2011
Champlain, NY on the Canadian border.
Detector(s) used
Minelab 1000, A Motorized Power Glider Trike, 17 foot travel trailer behind my Jeep. 4" suction dredge/high banker.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Chill, have a toke, inhale deeply. Repeat as often as you feel like you're a pain in the arse. I suppose that you don't ever have or have had a cold beer or a glass of spirit... ooooh... the ethyl alcohol drug. They once banned ooze with a consitutional amendment to boot. Why get worked up over a little weed?

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because it's NOT a little weed. The cartels have moved it and obliterated the forests in trinity,shasta and siskiyou counties. The wetbacks have killed all the deer for fresh meat. Poisoned the waters with rat poison--which also contaminates the bud through the root systems and overspray on the plants-- pesticides such as malathion,chlordane and 2-4 D(illegal in the US for dozens of years) and with dozens crapping all over the place leaving tons of trash to contaminate the air,water and scenery forever. Big difference between a local yokel grow with a few plants than a dozen wets with thousands. I associate with rangers both BLm / FS and what I've been shown and SEEN MYSELF with feets on the ground is permanent damage . I've always had a leave me alone in the creek and I'll leave ya alone in the hills attitude but that's dead now as BOOBYTRAPS have been found all over my claims and games on mo'fo's now-John

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was cutting wood about five years ago, noticed a van full of south east asians pass on a forest service road. About fifteen minutes later heard a shot. Saw the same van come back by about 40 minutes later. Heavily squatting. Jumped in the truck and they had shot and bucthered a cow, not far off the road. Called the authorities, only one road in and out. Couldn't get them interested in doing anything. Lady kept asking me, are you sure it wasn't a deer. I told her, lady I grew up on a cattle ranch and seen hundreds of head butchered. That used to be a hanging defense, probably still should be....

I think I've spoken with the same 'lady'. She tole me they wouldn't investigate the bear carcass I found in June because they had their quota and the 2 guys shooting quail from the cab of their pickup were probably disabled. A waste of time.

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Because it's NOT a little weed. The cartels have moved it and obliterated the forests in trinity,shasta and siskiyou counties. The wetbacks have killed all the deer for fresh meat. Poisoned the waters with rat poison--which also contaminates the bud through the root systems and overspray on the plants-- pesticides such as malathion,chlordane and 2-4 D(illegal in the US for dozens of years) and with dozens crapping all over the place leaving tons of trash to contaminate the air,water and scenery forever. Big difference between a local yokel grow with a few plants than a dozen wets with thousands. I associate with rangers both BLm / FS and what I've been shown and SEEN MYSELF with feets on the ground is permanent damage . I've always had a leave me alone in the creek and I'll leave ya alone in the hills attitude but that's dead now as BOOBYTRAPS have been found all over my claims and games on mo'fo's now-John
Very well said,well stated John!
NCmaker.....I am the pain in the ass?Really,so when I spit a big ole loogey from my Beechnut Plug on your shoe,you are now the Pain??I fail to see your reasoning and why dont you come out here bout May/June,and I will send ya on a little nature hike.....will pick ya up at the bottom,then we can see who needs to "relax" :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions