CALIFORNIA HIGHBANKING LAW QUESTIONS

rhartman911

Feb 4, 2013
Camino, Ca
Detector(s) used
3"Highbanker/Dredge Combo, Gold Buddy Mini Highbanker, Keene A52 Sluice Box and a Garett AT Gold Detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
:icon_scratch:I am confussed when I read the California laws on highbanking it says if you discarge the water and rocks back into the water source you need to buy a permit for $1,120.00 to start. Then if Iam discharging away from the water source and there's noway for the runoff to re-enter the water source do I still need a permit?
(2) How about if I buy a KEENE 151 DRY WASHER do I still need a permit?
(3) What if I just drive up to the spot load up the back of my pickup with the dirt and bring it home?

As you can tell I am new to gold searching but would love to get started I wanted to buy a Keene 3" Highbanker / Gold Dredge Combo but not sure if I should invest the money
Any responses would be much appreciated.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't feel bad as the whole stinkn' mess is confused as all agencies,both state and federal,are utilizing different permits and regulations. Then all the cops in the forests are changing the rules to their own preconceived sicko notions and ya get ticketed anyhow. Get a drywasher and be a MUCH happier less hasstled man. Go to their forum below and great info awaits-John

OP
OP
R

rhartman911

Feb 4, 2013
Camino, Ca
Detector(s) used
3"Highbanker/Dredge Combo, Gold Buddy Mini Highbanker, Keene A52 Sluice Box and a Garett AT Gold Detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You could go with a portable 12 volt mini highbanker( Gold Buddy V1250 ) and set up a re-circulating system with plastic tubs to catch the silt. So long as you don't discharge anything into the creek you you avoid most issues. At the end of the day, dump the muddy water and accumulated silt around the plants and bushes at least '100 from the high water mark of the creek/stream. I use 2 such systems and have made them portable including 12v battery and solar panels. I know it sucks but its part of the games we have to play these days in California, I'd be glad to explain how I do it....Rob.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Move gravel by the shovel load with a drywasher and a hand trowel with tinker toys. The more you move the more you make and economic viability is ALWAYS a issue with current costs also. John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread