G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oakview2 said:
G1

How are the improvements coming along...

Be done in a few more days !!!!
Iv cut the hose down and moved the center pontoon forward! And also welded 6" long posts to keep the hose on the dredge along the sides when moving it up and down the river..it's alot easer on the divers than rolling it up ...
I also had to make some wheels to run it up and Down the ramp...as I'm using a enclosed trailer and can't back it into the water I just pull it up the ramp with a truck buts its a rough ramp so I think I'll use 6 dolly wheels to load and unload .. Might get a little more life out of the floats...
I also have to redo the carpet as the glue didnt hold,up on the run last week ...
The dredge did pretty good but I'm still working some bugs out ... It's alot different than running a 4" I'm actually tired when I get done ..
But my god can that thing move some materal ... It's gona be hard to,go back to a 4" machine ....
I also, put a hose reel on for the air hoses and making a jet to drive it around ... I'm just gona put a t in at the pump to shut the box off and turn the jet on to drive it back to camp at the end of the day ...
I'd,like too make some gates for the side boxes but ill probally run it at least one more time befor making any changes
My idea is to,slow,the water down. A little more and go to some expanded metal instead of the riffles ...
See,if I can finds some pictures

OP
OP
G1sammons

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I had 2more time too run the 6 since makeing the changes not much more flow but the added angle has helped.

Best iv done is 14 grams in day and that was 2 of us working hard all day.

Hose reals for the air hose make setting up and tarring down much easer ..
Also added a 5 hp tiller motor to drive the dredge up river and back thou I haven't had a chance to u it yet . We have stayed very close to camp as the generation sechedule has been changeling alot and we have been cought 2times by surprise .
But thing are looking promising as the rains have slowed a little and things are looking good may head out tomorrow .
Can't fint a glue to hold the carpet so I gave up and put a bouncy of screws in it !

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
7 grams a day/man - that's pretty good. Now u see why the serious ca. boys are so mad. Lets see, $200/day times 10 days a season that's 2,000 in the bank. Recreational my foot!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread