3" suction nozzle

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a 3'' hydro force I'll sell. Wes

Would love to have the Hydro Force but I'm sure it would be over my budget since a brand new 3" one sells for around $300
I'm trying to stay around $100 with shipping.

Out of curiosity, how much would you have to get for it?
You can PM me if you would like to keep it confidential.

Thanks,
GG~

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jan 31, 2013
Yuma, Az
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks BassPro but I already have looked at that and would rather have something comparable to a Keene or Jobe.
Just wasn't confidant about the one you were referring to.

That one is homemade and will have serious flow issues with the square corners, I'd pass on that one too GG. I took a quick look through my Jobe dealer site and the biggest I see they have is only 2 1/2". Hopefully someone has a good used one for you!

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That one is homemade and will have serious flow issues with the square corners, I'd pass on that one too GG. I took a quick look through my Jobe dealer site and the biggest I see they have is only 2 1/2". Hopefully someone has a good used one for you!

That's what I thought about it also GG didn't know if you would feel the same. Haven't seen very many used ones.

Thanks guy's,
I had searched e-bay and the entire craigslist and came up empty before posting here.

Just hate to pay $150 for a new one.

GG~

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Found one this am on Craigslist for 15 dollars, day late, dang it..

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buddy,I left you a message. Wes

Received Wes,

Thanks but that wont work for me, I'm on a pretty tight budget for this project and I already have plenty of 3" and 4" hose.

GG~

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
GG if you dont mind a homemade nozzel, what size would you prefer,3 or 4?? i can make one up for you if i can find the tubeing needed for it and we could work on a price thatll fit your wallet or we could do some swaping(vortex) if you remeber the deal you offered me on it!

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GG if you dont mind a homemade nozzel, what size would you prefer,3 or 4?? i can make one up for you if i can find the tubeing needed for it and we could work on a price thatll fit your wallet or we could do some swaping(vortex) if you remeber the deal you offered me on it!

I'm still working on the vortex deal, the conveyer factory is moving locations and I'm trying to work a deal on all their scrap. You will get yours just for the cost of shipping. Still waiting for you to tell me what size you need.

I'll PM you concerning the nozzle.

GG~

Last edited:

oldbrundogg

Sep 22, 2012
Oroville
Detector(s) used
99.00 something or other from big 5
Hey GG, sorry to just jump in here out of the blue, but do you have a pic of the vortex mat sounds like really cool stuff. Especially after watching Reeds video on gold well, do you think I could just swap out the carpet and riffles on my Keene and go back and forth depending on conditions or would I have to adhere the mat to the Keene box?
OBD

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey GG, sorry to just jump in here out of the blue, but do you have a pic of the vortex mat sounds like really cool stuff. Especially after watching Reeds video on gold well, do you think I could just swap out the carpet and riffles on my Keene and go back and forth depending on conditions or would I have to adhere the mat to the Keene box?
OBD

No problem, feel free to chime in.

What is being referred to as "vortex mat" is actually rough top conveyer belt and has been used for many years in certain mining circles. The great thing about it is that unlike carpet vortex mat is "active" what I mean by active is that there is a constant exchange of material going on as water passes over the pockets and channels that are manufactured into the mat. This exchange is constantly allowing heavier material to settle into the pockets while expelling the lighter material and washing it on down the mat and finally off the end leaving the gold to be trapped in the pockets and channels.

The mat does not need to be glued down. I use it by itself in my keene sluice under the riffle tray instead of carpet or miners moss or ribbed matting or expanded metal. It's also the mat of choice for the famous Gold Cube.

To see photos of what is being called vortex matting just click on this link: https://www.google.com/search?q=vor...Q&biw=1366&bih=649&sei=ZnlkUeWHLdGz4APX-ICwCw

Hope this helps,
GG~

Last edited:

oldbrundogg

Sep 22, 2012
Oroville
Detector(s) used
99.00 something or other from big 5
Thanks for the response GG, so maybe I just google Vortex matting look for local suppliers or try to purchase on line, though I don't really like online for anything I haven't handled in "real" life first.
Also not to beat this to death BUT,so the riffles on top don't adversely effect the action of the mat?
Thanks again you are truly the Good Guy
OBD

well GG, I guess you don't really need to respond looked at some images and not really what I had pictured in my head. Thought it was more like the Gold Well setup. You know deeper with bigger vortices, kind of pressed into rubber or routered into it. Guess my imagination just got away with me.

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
GG i thoughti had replied to you on this. i need 16 inchs wide by 48 inchs long and its a O/U sluicel shipping works for me, or maybe we just do a straight swap, and pay the shipping. it just about washs out evenly! but what size nozzel do you want most?? 3 or 4 incher?? it dont matter to me! lets PM each other on any further replies. i may even be comeing to In. for a weekend this summer,depending on how my back and shoulder are doing.Oppps! i almost forgot. what size hi press. water hose will you be useing??

Last edited:
OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GG i thoughti had replied to you on this. i need 16 inchs wide by 48 inchs long and its a O/U sluicel shipping works for me, or maybe we just do a straight swap, and pay the shipping. it just about washs out evenly! but what size nozzel do you want most?? 3 or 4 incher?? it dont matter to me! lets PM each other on any further replies. i may even be comeing to In. for a weekend this summer,depending on how my back and shoulder are doing.Oppps! i almost forgot. what size hi press. water hose will you be useing??

I'll pm you as soon as I get my hands on the mat and also about the nozzle. Not sure at this point if 3" or 4" but I'm pretty sure I'll be using 2" pressure hose.

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions