Gould Engineering Bazooka Dredge

Sluicedog

Jul 5, 2007
CT
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Garrett Gold Stinger, Garrett XL500 Pulse, 2" Sub-Dredge,Goldsnare SGS-1, ELF detector, MFD w/electronic detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Gould gold dredge seems to be a quick light setup, has a fine gold recovery rate..Why isn't being used more in the streams?

I thought most of the gold in fast running streams was fine gold. The gold in the Northeast is mostly fine to flour gold. It seems most high bankers and dredges move the material through too fast to get the fine to flour gold. Maybe the romance of the nugget overwhelms the practical collection for money.

Has anyone had experience in the NE using a Gould type sub-dredge?

Attachments

• Gould3.jpg
    Gould3.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 850

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i havent heard any replies for Goulds devices. people just are tight liped about these things.i really like his work on this stuff and wish someone that has bought and used it would post a reply! other wise it looks like if you want one, youll have to buy it and test it yourself! im NOT saying anything (good/bad)towards Gould devices, but this type of device (other manufactor) hasnt had a good results on them for fine gold retention!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sluicedog

Sluicedog

Jul 5, 2007
CT
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Garrett Gold Stinger, Garrett XL500 Pulse, 2" Sub-Dredge,Goldsnare SGS-1, ELF detector, MFD w/electronic detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hoser John-How did you test the Gould dredge? Were you in rivers with fine gold? The laminar flow and centrifugal spinning of the water inside a submerged collection area would lend to a good collection rate. The pictures of the Kenne subbie look like a Gold cannon type sub dredge with a small tail end gold collection port.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Hoser has more true experience in mining equipment that all of us on TNet put together! His mining supply (PESCO)store made and tested equipment since the 80s. questioning John is not a smart thing todo unless youve walked the walk!and not many of us have!

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
Ive never tried one, but I can say that over the many years they have been around, I have never heard an owner brag about their fine gold retention. I have heard far more unhappy owners than the other way around.

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Original Gold Bug, Dahlke Dredges, LeTrap Sluice for clean-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe CT has fine gold but northern Maine has some NICE CHUNKERS!!!
I'll put my 14" x 30" 2 1/2" Dahlke against ANY 6" wide subbie-sluice any day. At 40lbs I can carry it a long way!
Or the 20" wide box on my 4".

If all you have is fine gold may I suggest you consider a more practical recovery system than what you're looking at.

OP
OP
Sluicedog

Sluicedog

Jul 5, 2007
CT
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm trying to get very fine gold 200-mesh. I've watched the guys using regular surface dredges from 2-4"-yes they are getting some nuggets, pickers and flakes. I see some coarse gold in their daily takes. However, the streams have this very fine gold. It looks as though this gold is being shot back into the streams. The flour gold gets caught in the turbulence of the uptake and also gets caught in the air/water interface(surface tension). A sub surface dredge would eliminate this interface.

Each set of equipment has its use. I've tried the slits in the bottom of my sub surface dredge and it works. The very fine gold settles and falls through the slits and we have got fine gold, small garnets, black sand and some material that looks like electrum. I working in areas that have no big gold. I wanted to know how the Gould Bazooka dredge with its centrifugal forces inside the catch tube work for people in the field. Even though it has a rear end nugget trap..I don't think its original design is to get the big gold.

The gold cannon is being used in areas of very fine gold and I the machine was made for the area.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
200- mesh needs a hy-g, knudsen, knelson bowls or fluidized bed jigs for recovery. GOOGLE and explore real equipment-John

jeffreymarch1958

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2014
Hazleton, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro $58. dollar cheep coin shooter 10 y.o.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I been eye balling the gould gold bazooka for years, always choking before in buy. I am glad I joined TreasureNet. Once again I searched the net, looking at the gold bazooka, and net brought me to this thread I joined, after reading Hoser Johns post I think I will keep my keene 2 inch back pack dredge. My Back Pack Vac. and sniping tools.

Last edited:

jeffreymarch1958

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2014
Hazleton, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do not have experience with gould gold bazooka. But I do know about gold in North East, you wont get rich but it is there. Fine, flower, nice flecks, and some small flakes. Gold Loves Bed Rock and Clay. Find clay, skim surface of clay only, also clear over burden and get to bedrock and work the cracks. I placer mine all over. N. E. PA, MI, NC, N. CA, S. W. OR, all over AZ.. Gold Is Where U Fine It!
Stick with U R Sluice box, screen, bucket and pan.

Last edited:

jeffreymarch1958

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2014
Hazleton, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hoser John, Googled, Hy-G + Knudsen + Knelson Bowl. What I viewed was out of my price range $9,350.00 Have to stick to my $375.00 12V spiral wheel. Hy-G would be the recovery method I need for all those small white bull quarts rocks with yellow specks that I have been saving to crush to recover that powder gold locked in em. I can crush and use a copper pan and another heavy element to catch powder, but...

jeffreymarch1958

Tenderfoot
Mar 14, 2014
Hazleton, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Floatation

If I Buy a Gould Gold Bazooka can I put some kind of floatation on Bazooka?:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread