OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Underwater-sucker.jpg

Thats one that floats also have some friends who set one up that lays inside the dredge frame with a floatation bed, they ran it last week successfully just needs slight motification on the water supply lines in the floatation part

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking good Vini. About the time you get the fluid bed ironed out, the Yosimite Toad will shut all of down:BangHead:

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No fluid bed in that YET but the guys are figuring it out and yeah the toads will be the death of us humans LOL
I'm gonna be talking with you soon about something, dont want to say yet until we know whats we're looking at, might be a lot of ground...

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats not a big river down there just a small creek thats why i'm thinking portable but there are 50 foot banks to get down to the creek maybe i'll leave everything on dredge and go with suction nozzle instead of jet system, and we can just use high banker or suction nozzle in areas dredge wont fit, or both :)P

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Now you got me all excited.:hello2:

No fluid bed in that YET but the guys are figuring it out and yeah the toads will be the death of us humans LOL
I'm gonna be talking with you soon about something, dont want to say yet until we know whats we're looking at, might be a lot of ground...

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy's, that sounds like a true adventure! Lot's of excitement, lot's of possibilities just think it out well as well as safety lines to help manage getting 'stuff' down. Best of success.....................63bkpkr

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well while i have this thread going lemme post some pics of an old USFS camp, very old matter of fact, this is whats left behind, this is what they call management i guess.

IMG_8468.jpg

IMG_2223.jpg
IMG_8671.jpg

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Do as I say, not as I do, perfect slogan for any govenment agency

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://

Fist fits in opening so i know material coming thru 4" will fall out but Im gonna open it a bit more since you always get jams with several rocks

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might be just a few inches to steap I may cut the back down and put less angle on it but that would work since the water and material will be like soup the smaller materials gonna have time to fall thru but i'm a little uncomfortable with that angle and i am no engineer or fabricator its rough :)

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Considering the amount that dredge will throw out, you might want to try it out like that

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering the amount that dredge will throw out, you might want to try it out like that

Im gonna square off the opening and then cut one more slot up top below the one thats there incase I need to bring down that grizzly a little im also gonna bring some 1/8 screen to go over the grizzly and see if I can get smaller material I don't think it will clog up with that angle but might with a lesser one so som experimenting will need to be done for sure , now I have to figure the cart for the motor and jet tube setup gonna hit harbor frieghts on 99 to see if they have that one cart I wanted with the bike wheels or just get that wheel barrow with the big handles.

You going up this weekend to look around?

OP
OP
V

vini

Jan 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hope you do well up there and guys have a blast, we'll get to the claims soon im putting everything together and sending off paperwork by monday.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PLEASE READ above thread-"In case ya didn't know" as YET AGAIN another flip flop as "no suckn' warning again. Stopher speaks with forked tongue yet again?? John.... run what ya brung and F"M"-

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read the CDFW suction dredge site for the June 7 update

Closes sucking out of a river with anything.

Wake up its a catastrophe for all motors.

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Changes the definition of a dredge to any motor sucking water. URGENT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread