I live in CA aand want to buy a dredge, good idea or bad idea?

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Still searching for the right one
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, if you bought a dirt track car and ended up junking it out after a wreck, you'd just chalk it up. If you look at it that way, is it worth it to lose it to the
man? Plus a thousand dollars for possible fine. If I was young enough, i'd do it in a heartbeat. First, I know where to get a couple ozs with a dredge, second
I would MAKE them stop me from mining! Its easy to say this from the rocking chair tho. You have to decide what's best for you.

taternut

Apr 12, 2013
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Hand sluice, Gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You could always go up to Oregon (if they don't ban that as well) and I think Nevada is open. I have a 3" dredge I'd sell for cheap if you drove lol

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
You can get one cheap somewhere. Oregon is going to the same fate as Ca. unfortunately. Miners there are trying to fight this ban. If you read the WMA newsletter this month some are calling on to fight this ban with an "Occupy The Rivers" protest to force the issue because the lefties control everything in Sacramento. Letters to the state senators and e-mails are being done but have to tell you that it is a waste of time, but it is the all they can do for now. If you and someone you know has any ideas and how to save this right that we are losing and would like to fight this, keep in touch.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NOT ONLY NO BUT LL NO :BangHead: JUS' GET A NICE DETECTOR and a sluicebox and have a ball. Feds closing in now too in 2 more states BANNED,TRYING TO BAN OR FEDS ALREADY DID IT. John

OP
OP
C

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for all the different opinions. I'll probably hold of to see if this political muddy water clears up. Which will be probably never?

calnatv

Mar 19, 2011
Thanks for all the different opinions. I'll probably hold of to see if this political muddy water clears up. Which will be probably never?
Good idea. I cut my losses last year and sold mine to a guy in Oregon. Figured I'd get it sold before they shut it down up their also.Heartbreaking to say the least.

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
parked the 8" a while ago

to obvious when driving down the road

midnightmoon

Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, California
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think of our dredgers often ... since a girl my daughter went to HS with got a job with Fish & Something [Game / Wildlife]. Friend complains it is lonely out there in the wilderness with no one around except illegal immigrants. She asked for my daughter to join her in kayaking to document fish.

[Hmmm ... fish are documented, but not the illegal immigrants ... oh, that's another thread, another day].

Anyhows, all I hear is F&G is all alone in the wilderness; with access to areas citizens cannot enter. I asked -- where do I sign-up for that job? A paycheck and the keys to the wilderness, and a kayak?

I know I'd get myself fired, but first they'd have to catch us.

Last edited:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:headbang: :skullflag:

Attachments

• 100_3064.jpg
    100_3064.jpg
    806 KB · Views: 163

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
If you can pan with those type of results, maybe the NID should award the 9 million dollar mercury removal contract to you instead of the Sierra Fund...:laughing7:

OP
OP
C

CharlesP

May 18, 2012
Merced/Mariposa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you can pan with those type of results, maybe the NID should award the 9 million dollar mercury removal contract to you instead of the Sierra Fund...:laughing7:

Oak are serious? 9 million dollars to remove the mercury. What a load of crap? How do they plan on doing it? Dredging but by another name? Crazy.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CharlesP - you are invited to read the sticky at top of page. That pretty much tells the story.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread