dredging/ high banking

Boarder14

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2013
boise idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey I'm new to all this so this might be a stupid question. I have a high banker setup and it came along with a dredge nozzle and hoses. I'm sure it varies from state to state but I was wondering if I could set the pump on shore and dredge in the water if that would be considered dredging or high banking. I could put my box in the water but the pump on shore. I'm in Idaho if that helps out.

Thanks in advance.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Insipid new insane laws/regs in Idaho now. RUN don't walk to a local yokel club/dredge /mining shop to find out what ya can really get away with. Some state enforcement sayint to LL with EPA fed insanity. Go where nobody goes and does anyone know a tree fell in the forest if no one saw it fall---John :skullflag:

OP
OP
B

Boarder14

Tenderfoot
Jun 11, 2013
boise idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I asked a shop yesterday and he wasn't sure. talked with the department of water resources and they were sure either. just joined GPAA and working their claims so there's always plenty of people around. if not id be happy just to go do it.

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I asked a shop yesterday and he wasn't sure. talked with the department of water resources and they were sure either. just joined GPAA and working their claims so there's always plenty of people around. if not id be happy just to go do it.

As John said, go find a place that nobody knows that a tree fell! If your using a suction nozzle, no matter where your pump/sluice is located you have to have both permits.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread