Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a regular job and am frequently busy,
I also have a buddy that works very sporadically and is off more than he works.
I let him borrow my dredge all the time as long as he maintains it and treats it good. He has purchased parts for it in the past and its always back with a full tank and clean so I have no complaints.
The deal was that he give me 1/2 his cons occasionally but there was no set amount. He never gave me any which I didn't mind and really never counted on.
He called me today and asked if he could stop over and drop off my cons cause they were getting in the way... Wait what? How are they in the way?
He stops over and drops off 7-5 gallon bucks full of mostly black sand straight from my dredge. He has obviously been into some decent material! Counting my 2 buckets I have 9 FULL buckets of heavy as concrete dredge concentrate. I panned a few pans and found very fine gold ( easily 100 mesh ) in every pan...
Now what?! It will take me a year to pan all this!
I know there's alot of options out there but I don't know what to do.
I need something that is pretty quick and most importantly catches the very fine.
IS THERE ANYTHING AS GOOD/BETTER THAN PANNING OR IS EVERYTHING A COMPROMISE?
What is everybody using for very heavy cons?
Gold cube? I've heard that it is not a cleanup tool which confuses me.
I've read mixed reviews on blue bowl and spiral panner so I don't know.
I'm in a pickle as I've never had to deal with this before.
Please advise and thanks!

Last edited:

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get you a good drop riffle sluice and a bilge pump and run the cons and you'll und up with what I like to call super cons! You may need to run them twice to get all the gold.

Any of these will help you out. I use the sidekick and it works great but due to size it's a little slow, I'm going to get the gator3 I think.

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're looking for
Cleanup sluice
Backyard sluice
Recirculating Sluice
poop tube sluice (trust me)
fine gold recovery
fluid bed concentrator
hobby mat miller table
I like to search on images, but those will all hit some decent videos if you search on utube.

I'd build something along the lines of a recirculating highbanker/classifier. Wash the larger stuff to run later or hit with a detector and let the fines run.

Already mentioned drop riffle this one using a LeTrap:

And check out

And I just found this stuff at tonight

InvisaFlow StealthFlow Low Profile Downspout Extension-4600 at The Home Depot
096f5f15-18bd-401a-a8a4-2ce965a9b2ef_300.jpg
if-4620.jpg

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
if this is going to be a regular thing

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
If you buy a le trap, you and your buddy can take it with you when you dredge, set it in your empty sluice, fire up the dredge and concentrate so you don't have to lug so much home. Maybe get results like HOSER:notworthy:

Attachments

• LETRAP.jpg
    LETRAP.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 2,284

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you buy a le trap, you and your buddy can take it with you when you dredge, set it in your empty sluice, fire up the dredge and concentrate so you don't have to lug so much home. Maybe get results like HOSER:notworthy:
Goldminer Jay has {several videos} a video of one running

Last edited:

BMOLLMAN

Greenie
Oct 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey, I have tried a 'StealthFlow' mod. It seems to have caught just as much gold as my California 'Stream' Sluice. (Drop Riffle)
I just cut off the top and top-post, and melted flat the bottom center supports with a clothes iron. (Shielded plastic/iron with aluminum oven-liner sheet.) Left one center post for a rock bridge. (Note the 'V' wake after rock.)
Still need to do more testing. The side riffles might create turbulence that could kick material down the line.
IMG_3888.JPG IMG_3891.JPG
Might collect more cons due to so many riffles. Has plenty of top material 'dancing' which is a good thing.
Here's the result in my 10", from one small run.

BAM

Last edited:

keitha43

Jun 14, 2013
Moore, Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am sure many of us would be glad to help you pan your concentrates. We will even send back the pretty black stuff and only keep the ugly yellow stuff :laughing7:

dpnichols

Greenie
Dec 11, 2013
North canton oh.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello just out of curiosity did you happen to find anything for going through your concentrates if not there is a product that works really great it is called the catch it 2 water table I personally love mine it is a little bit expensive but it is well worth it in the end go to the website which is the same as the name and watch the video you will be impressed

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go with a blue bowl
Blue Bowl Concentrator

I ran cons from my small hard rock mill through one and have had the whole bottom covered with gold.
I would get a set of screens with it because it runs best with all the cons the same mash size.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a regular job and am frequently busy,
I also have a buddy that works very sporadically and is off more than he works.
I let him borrow my dredge all the time as long as he maintains it and treats it good. He has purchased parts for it in the past and its always back with a full tank and clean so I have no complaints.
The deal was that he give me 1/2 his cons occasionally but there was no set amount. He never gave me any which I didn't mind and really never counted on.
He called me today and asked if he could stop over and drop off my cons cause they were getting in the way... Wait what? How are they in the way?
He stops over and drops off 7-5 gallon bucks full of mostly black sand straight from my dredge. He has obviously been into some decent material! Counting my 2 buckets I have 9 FULL buckets of heavy as concrete dredge concentrate. I panned a few pans and found very fine gold ( easily 100 mesh ) in every pan...
Now what?! It will take me a year to pan all this!
I know there's alot of options out there but I don't know what to do.
I need something that is pretty quick and most importantly catches the very fine.
IS THERE ANYTHING AS GOOD/BETTER THAN PANNING OR IS EVERYTHING A COMPROMISE?
What is everybody using for very heavy cons?
Gold cube? I've heard that it is not a cleanup tool which confuses me.
I've read mixed reviews on blue bowl and spiral panner so I don't know.
I'm in a pickle as I've never had to deal with this before.
Please advise and thanks!

You need to reduce those cons to a more manageable quantity.
Hard to beat a gold cube for turning huge amounts of concentrates into a much smaller amount of super concentrate fast :icon_thumleft:

The Gold Cube will turn 1000 lbs. of concentrate (16 Five gal. buckets full) into just 1lb of super concentrate in about an hour with no gold loss!
Then classify and run that super concentrate down a miller table. Or classify and run it through a blue bowl.

GG~

Last edited:

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You need to reduce those cons to a more manageable quantity. Hard to beat a gold cube for turning huge amounts of concentrates into a much smaller amount of super concentrate fast :icon_thumleft: The Gold Cube will turn 1000 lbs. of concentrate (16 Five gal. buckets full) into just 1lb of super concentrate in about an hour with no gold loss! Then classify and run that super concentrate down a miller table. Or classify and run it through a blue bowl. YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUlNNIxKjaQ GG~
Hmmm iv been thinking of getting a gold cube do they really work that well?

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm iv been thinking of getting a gold cube do they really work that well?

Yes, the Gold Cube is great super concentrating unit.
It will take down about 5 gallons of cons to about 3 cups.
Tip....
About 70 - 90% of the gold will be in the first tray.
So, pan each tray separately.
Makes life really easy.

Doc

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
yep im hopeing that this summer my back will let me be saying that,"Oh so many cons" when i take out my 2 dredges,Gold Cube to Wyoming/Colorado this summer!

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks doc ... I'll try one.... God know I'm lazy when it comes to cleaning up the cons.. It's just not my game .....
Love the dredging part hate the clean ups ,

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread