Octa-Jet

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I do like the idea of using a vacumn gauge on the inlet of his jet and a PSI gauge on his outlet for being able to tune the pump to the jet for maximum suction! (this is a old thread , I know!) Bill I think the idea of having the jet out of the water was for showing the results of the different conditions of how the jet reacts to it. I agree with you that having it this way wasn't needed.I also think his anti-clog device has/does the same effect as using a flusher nozzel

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
heres some pics of one a guy next to me in camp was using on his 6"
IMG_2724.JPG IMG_2726.JPG

Aug 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
knowing that this thread is a bit old, I want to ask Timberdoodle, if you could explain a little bit more about the two ways of jet testing with manometer like you described in post #11? Ok, first is pretty clear to me, but the second I am not sure what design for setting the manometer you intended. The reason for my question is that I am fiddeling a bit with jet types and suction and your idea sounds like a good reference test. Would be nice if you could post a small sketch or something to explain. All the best, nudel

Darth Placer

Mar 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd like to know where the guy above got the wye valves on that quad jet.... not easy to find.

njcommercialdiver

Feb 26, 2005
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro,
MX500 Proton Mag
fisher gold bug, whites PI, Garrett gold scorpion
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
he owned a fab shop, so he made them and had everything annodized. i was impressed with his sluice box, it must've been close to 10ft long and about 3ft wide. it had a woven wire v that rose above the sides of the box behind the flare inlet to channel the rocks off the sides instead of running them thru the box. then he had about a 3ft section of 1/2" mesh , then a section of 1/4" mesh, then at the back, he had a section that was about 1/8" for the fine gold to settle. i dont know how it worked, as i wasnt around the day he did the cleanout on it

Last edited:

Darth Placer

Mar 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the reply.... I zoomed in the pic and see what you are saying. Was made for purpose with some of the angles in the wye.

The search for a 2" to double 1" wye continues.

Aug 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, short question in between.
Maybe I didn't get the wording correct. You wrote that the guy with the fab shob got his stuff anodized. For me anodizing is mostly for aluminum pieces. These pieces look pretty much like steel, galvanic zinc coated and yellow passivated. Sorry for asking dumb questions but I am in Germany so maybe I'm not familiar enough with technical terms in English language. Would be interesting to know...

thanks,
nudel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread