Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Old Keene pump parts

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Sep 2012
    Oregon
    169 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Old Keene pump parts

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a shaft and seals for the pump below? Emailed Keene Eng, but received no reply. Also, can you tell me specifically what pump this is?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Keene_pump.jpg 
Views:	553 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	900008

us
    Mar 2003
    Redding,Calif.
    6642 times
    smaller one looks like P-90,slightly older model though. The other a p-100/120 maybe as OLD as no threads on discharge. Did it have the paper gasket between the pump halves. The in and out size of the bigger pump will tell ya exactly as you posted no measurements. You can tell older pumps easily as no blaster nozzle hose bib cast into housing. That pump also needs a spacer sleeve to offset the distance from the engine also as will instantly bind up on the input hose bib. To replace that gasket use a micrometer/veneers to ascertain thickness of gasket,then go to OSH or Capitol Rubber to buy the same thickness nylon impregnated rubber to trace the gasket replacement and cut out with a exacto and they last forever as have one oldie from 84 still ripping good. Call the new Pioneer Mining in Auburn as I've heard Frank retained many parts/has contacts for oldie parts too-Lotsa luck-John

Sep 2012
    Oregon
    169 times
    Sorry. I just pulled that pic off the Internet. Here's a picture of my pump. Impeller seems to be 3" Probably a P90, but pretty old and I don't know if Keene would have seals. Shaft is the big problem as the threads are stripped going onto the engine shaft. I can't get it off. Rule is 6".

Name:	pump_small.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	365.8 KB 
ID:	900883

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4388 times
    threads are stripped or gallded?? if threads are gallded apply a little heat to release the shaft from the impeller.if they are stripped,you maybe out of luck! i dont know of any reverse thread replacements ava.i always use anti-seize compound on my threads. if you do get it apart, take the seal to a pump repair store.they should get a seal for you.
    Last edited by russau; Nov 17, 2013 at 05:50 PM.
    Hoser John likes this.

Sep 2012
    Oregon
    169 times
    Nope. The impeller is off, but the pump shaft backs off a bit from the motors shaft, and then just spins. It looks like that back seal in the pump failed long ago, and it's been pumping water out through the back. Also, this pump has been sitting outside over on the coast for years. Anyway, can't get it off the motor.

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4388 times
    try blocking to ability for the engine to spin by pulling the sparkplug out and pushing some rope into the cylindar and the rotate the engine untill it stops. now you can have a little more leverage.try some Kroil oil or some sort of spray to help losen its hold. heat useually works in small amounts.but watch out if useing heat after the spray,it may flash up on you.

Sep 2012
    Oregon
    169 times
    Thanks, Russau, but that's how I got the pump apart. Shaft just spins without the engine turning over. Here's a (fuzzy) picture.

Name:	pump_shaft.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	902092

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4388 times
    a broken connecting rod?? might be time for a new engine pump...................

Sep 2012
    Oregon
    169 times
    It's the shaft that the impeller screws onto. Had to switch to a camera that I know how to use.

Name:	pump_shaft1.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	902538

I'm ready to throw in the towel. I've tried to contact Keene, and New Pioneer Mining, and got no response from either.
    Last edited by benny; Nov 20, 2013 at 09:56 PM.

Jul 2013
    300 times
    The shaft spins without the crank spinning? Sounds striped maybe weld a nut on a slide hammer and gently try to pull that way if your lucky the threads on the crank are striped and you can clean them out of the shaft threads. I think your bigger problem is the shaft being so pitted cleaning it up with emery cloth may reduce its diameter enough to render a new seal useless.

May 2005
    St. Louis, missouri
    4388 times
    you can clean that shaft will NavelJelly it wont reduce the diameter/specs of that shaft. if you are throwing in the towel on this eng/pump ,would you want to get rid of it?? let me know because id be interested in it!

Make America Great Again

Apr 2013
    Oregon
    3702 times
    Keene used a 2.5 hp Honda made just for them with a threded shaft, then later used an adaptor to use on other motors
    maybe find a motor with the right threads or find an adaptor maybe find the rignt size Arbor adaptor. or have one made.
    Spindle 1 2? Straight Shaft for Motor 1 2? Arbor Wheel Holder 4 3 4? L Adapter | eBay
    or 5 8? Arbor Hole Shaft for Motor Grinder Polishing Wheel Spindle 1 2" Shaft | eBay

I have got old dredge parts from Roger Bendix he has a dredge graveyard in California (maxfuz on ebay)
    bendixlee@comcast.net ph. 916-792-5796

Name:	img028.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	163.5 KB 
ID:	903053
    Last edited by winners58; Nov 21, 2013 at 10:43 PM.

us
    Feb 2012
    Prather CA
    Whites GMT
    3351 times
    Finding GOLD
    Is the infomation at the bottom for maxfuz's dredge graveyard? Whoops, didn't see the card, thanks for the info
    Last edited by Oakview2; Nov 22, 2013 at 07:46 AM.
    "The most inspiring thing about gold, is not the value, but under magnification, the true beauty of each piece. They are truly like snowflakes that never melt." Oakview2 Fly EAGLE Fly......

us
    Jan 2012
    Chickasha,Oklahoma
    1265 times
    Prospecting
    Yes that is Rogers info a heck of a guy. I bought my proline from him and he shipped it to oklahoma so if he has what you need he can get it to you. He is as honest as the day is long.
    http://www.mylandmatters.org/Maps/GeologyOK/GetMap

http://www.mylandmatters.org/

"If the Gold dont care neither do I"
    Shawn Pomrenke

4" Proline 2" Jobe combo 2.5" Keene 2.5" subbie Drywasher Spiral Wheel Minelab Detector

Sep 2012
    Oregon
    169 times
    Got a response from Roger. Sounds like a great guy. Anyway, he said that the only way to get Keene Eng to respond was to call them, and gave me their number.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links