Primary Interest:
Other

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes I have a restrictor ring on. It's 5" and no more then 15hp. I'm at 13-14hp depending on who you talk to... Where I've been testing is not know for good gold...matter of fact this last test run on Sat. I had a crap load of pin prick size of gold in my undercurrent. More then I ever imagined I would get from this river... No secrete where I'm testing right now...the Boise River between Star Bridge and the Snake River!! That's about a 30ish mile stretch..

Where I'm wanting to dredge gives up from supper fine to nuggets... how well you do depends on how big your "boys" are! I have not tested or sampled this area per say...Last year I did some test pans many miles below and I had between 10-20 specs in each pan from bed material right at the water line.

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like a place your rig would accel in. Damm the EPA, FULL SPEED AHEAD.
All the best...

omnicron

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2012
Caldwell, Idaho
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
At this point, I'm ready to say screw the EPA. They have everything so f'd up here. The word on the street is they asked Idaho to help enforce their rules and Idaho told them, nope we don't have the money or the resources. So they are going to the County Sheriffs asking for enforcement, not sure what they are replying with. I know of one in Idaho County that says HELL NO! If all the dredgers in ID banned together and did a major "dredge in" what could they do? Ticket everyone? They don't have the resources...wishful thinking on my part. I'm moving to CO at the end of the year, I really hope this cancer doesn't follow!

OP
OP
Oakview2

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
This has to stop, along with these other green parasite's follies. It will get ugly in Oregon this summer. Them miners up there are fiercely independent, and they will keep mining regardless if they get permits. As stupid as this all is, we have a chance in May to reclaim dredging on federal mining claims under federal premption because of a suit filed in the federal appeals court by Brandon Rhinehart, a courageous young guy with brass balls. A win in California sets a legal precedent for all the west, and is age old legal premise that to my knowledge NEVER been beaten in a court of law, but we do live in Kalifornia, where the leading Democrat gun opponent just got busted for among other things trying to sell guns to Muslim extremist.

panningjack

Apr 16, 2013
Nampa, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3
At this point, I'm ready to say screw the EPA. They have everything so f'd up here. The word on the street is they asked Idaho to help enforce their rules and Idaho told them, nope we don't have the money or the resources. So they are going to the County Sheriffs asking for enforcement, not sure what they are replying with. I know of one in Idaho County that says HELL NO! If all the dredgers in ID banned together and did a major "dredge in" what could they do? Ticket everyone? They don't have the resources...wishful thinking on my part. I'm moving to CO at the end of the year, I really hope this cancer doesn't follow!
I agree, screw them. There is a dredge in planned for this summer. June 30th on the salmon. If you have Facebook, friend request south west Idaho miners association. You'll find the details there

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IDWR open date for the Salmon starts May 31 so you should be good to go with an IDWR permit ONLY.

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If only Crazyfornia had the same backbone, wish ya the best

littlenugget1

Jan 23, 2014
caldwell,id
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
maybe? i would get ahold of The Idaho county sheriff and see if he is providing security. this is when the jet boat races are going on at the same time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread