Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What I'll be running this year.

You guys may remember my threads from last year with my home built high-banker. We pulled an ounce in just a few outings. If you haven't been following my thread in gold prospecting here is what I built and will be running this year. I'm hoping to see a lot more color this year. I may even get to run some equipment (backhoe) to see where this thing tops out at in yardage.

https://youtu.be/XEMrwDmYQe8

afreakofnature

Nov 16, 2010
That is a sweet setup, I debated between building a trommel or a shaker and at the moment I am putting together something small like that based on the ATV Golden Retriever. I actually ordered parts from J. Farmer Mining, but I am making the rest so it can be long distance road worthy and still pull-able into the field with and ATV. I just want to be able to feed it with no less than some kind of mini backhoe (12" bucket), like a scorpion. What I have been keeping my eyes open for is some kind of portable backhoe that I can ride up into the back of my truck and can pull the washplant behind. The only thing that I have seen that might work was made by Kabelco. I am open to suggestions too.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you watch that video 2 things are prominent-nice fab job :occasion14:--need more classifier as you watch the rocks move through,just cut in and add for more volume. Less aireation and foaming in the box will help with fines recovery. Decent unit now for shovels but when moving volume with even a cu.ft.backhoe you'll definately be in trouble,must upgrade and prosper. tons a au 2 u 2-John

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
Interesting that you only ran 8 buckets, so it didn't take that much gas to run through with time. Maybe a 1/2 hour to an hour. Looks like you would get close to an oz. a day. Shoveling would be hard on you unless you're young. Looks awesome. Moving more with a backhoe would cut into your production costs but it would move more material, so if you can get 1/2 to an oz. a day, it should be worth while. Nothing ventured, nothing gained though. Good luck. Question for anyone? Have 80 acre property in Slouhhouse that has riverbed gravel that I sampled years ago with high banker. Found some gold, small amount after shoveling for a hour. Is there anyone that has something like this that I can get ahold of that can come to look and possibly sample to see if it may be worth while to pursue. Would I have to file a POO or NOI on my own property?.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread